According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during 2022-2027. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine offers prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to patients during transplant surgeries. This miniaturized heart-lung equipment is used for draining the blood for oxygenating red blood cells (RBCs), removing carbon dioxide from the patient’s body and then pumping to circulate blood via an artificial lung back into the bloodstream of the individual. Apart from this, these devices can also be utilized in late-stage treatments or post-cardiopulmonary bypass with heart or lung failure.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Machine Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising prevalence of respiratory and cardiovascular disorders. This is also supported by the growing geriatric population across the globe that is more prone to develop such medical conditions. Since ECMO is widely used for individuals suffering from respiratory or cardiac failure as a result of trauma, congenital disabilities or severe infections, this is providing a boost to the market growth. The market is further driven by the continual integration of ECMO devices with advanced technologies. For instance, the advent of polymethyl pentene (PMP) fiber-based artificial membranes with enhanced biocompatibility and low resistance is gaining widespread prominence across healthcare settings. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the launch of portable product variants, increasing healthcare expenditure capacity, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to introduce ECMO devices with convenient oxygenation of the blood.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been divided into pumps, oxygenator, controllers, cannula and accessories.
- Based on the modality, the market has been classified into veno-arterial, veno-venous, and arterio-venous.
- On the basis of the patient type, the market has been categorized into neonates, pediatric and adult.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into respiratory, cardiac and ECPR.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Abbott Laboratories, ALung Technologies Inc., Braile Biomedical, Eurosets, LivaNova PLC, Medtronic, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Nipro Medical Corporation, Origen Biomedical, Inc., Terumo Corporation and Xenios AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800