IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Failure Analysis Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global failure analysis market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2022. Failure analysis refers to the systematic process of investigating a part of a system to determine the root causes of failure and the corrective actions required to fix and prevent the future recurrence of the problem. It is generally performed using various techniques such as Focused Ion Beam (FIB), Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDX), Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS), and Broad Ion Milling (BIM). It assists in identifying the physical, chemical, and machinal causes of the failure, preventing asset or product failures and avoiding financial losses and penalties from failed parts while improving future products and manufacturing processes. As a result, failure analysis is widely used across the automotive, oil and gas, defense, construction, and manufacturing sectors.
Global Failure Analysis Market Trends:
The increasing product applications across various industries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, in the automotive sector, vision and artificial intelligence (AI)-based failure analysis tools are utilized for performance analysis, vehicle dynamics studies, and accident reconstruction. Besides this, it finds extensive applications in the oil and gas industry to enhance the efficiency of the existing machinery to prevent service failures and safety incidents. In addition, there has been a rise in the use of optical and scanning electron microscopes in material science applications for the mineralogical and structural analysis of materials, such as metals, polymers, alloys, biomaterials, and ceramics. In line with this, the growing utilization of FIB systems to study biological samples and biomaterials has augmented product demand. Furthermore, the escalating demand for high-density, integrated and miniaturized devices in the semiconductor and electronics industry has accelerated the adoption of failure analysis. Apart from this, the implementation of stringent safety rules and regulations by international organizations and governing agencies of numerous countries has propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the significant expansion in the manufacturing sector, rapid industrialization, increasing focus on nanotechnology, rising automation across various industries, and continual technological advancements, are also providing a positive impact on the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 7.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the equipment, the market has been categorized into Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Focused Ion Beam (FIB) system, Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), dual beam system, and others.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been segmented into Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDX), Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS), Focused Ion Beam (FIB), Broad Ion Milling (BIM), Relative Ion Etching (RIE), Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM), and others.
- The market has been classified based on the end use industry into automotive, oil and gas, defense, construction, manufacturing, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being A&D Company Ltd., Bruker Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung), Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation (Hitachi Ltd.), Horiba Ltd., Intertek Group PLC, JEOL Ltd., Motion X Corporation, Tescan Orsay Holding A.S., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Equipment, Technology, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||A&D Company Ltd., Bruker Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG (Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung), Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation (Hitachi Ltd.), Horiba Ltd., Intertek Group PLC, JEOL Ltd., Motion X Corporation, Tescan Orsay Holding A.S. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800