According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Femtocell Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027", finds that the global femtocell market reached a value of US$ 2.10 Billion in 2021. Femtocells are lightweight, and wireless cellular base stations that help enhance signal strength and coverage in mobile networks. They function as a repeater for communicating with mobile phones and converting voice calls into voiceover internet protocol (VoIP) packets. These packets are then sent to the server of the mobile operator through a broadband link. Femtocells provide fast network connections, in-premise voice and data services, fewer dropped calls, and better quality mobile voice performance. They also offer various features like lower power consumption, IP backhaul, and self-optimization.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Femtocell Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the global femtocell market is significant improvements in the 4G and 5G infrastructure. The widespread usage of internet networks and smartphones has led to the escalating demand for better network coverage and optimal performance of high-quality video conferencing, messaging, and streaming applications. In line with this, increasing commercial applications of femtocells in multi-tenant buildings, hotels, and office towers, are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the integration of femtocells with the Internet of Things (IoT) to increase indoor coverage, along with the increasing usage of smart devices is acting as another major growth inducing factor. Rising investments in small-cell infrastructure and the utilization of distributed antenna systems and cloud Radio Access Network (C-RAN) are some of the other factors that are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 9.07 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 27.8% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the form factor, the market is divided into standalone and integrated.
- Based on technology, the market is divided into IMS/SIP and IU-H femtocell technology.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into 2G femtocells (CDMA and GSM/GPRS), 3G femtocells (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000-EVDO and TD-CDMA) and 4G femtocells (WiMAX and LTE).
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented as residential, commercial and others.
- On the basis of region, the market has been spread across in North America (United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Alcatel-Lucent S.A. (Nokia), Analog Devices, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, Fujitsu Limited (Furukawa Group), Huawei Technologies, Juniper Networks Inc., Motorola Inc., Netgear Inc., Samsung and ZTE Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal