As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Ferroelectric RAM Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global ferroelectric RAM market reached a value of US$ 301.4 Million in 2021. Ferroelectric Random-Access Memory (FRAM), also known as a FeRAM, is a type of memory that utilizes a ferroelectric film instead of a dielectric layer to achieve non volatility. It is similar in construction to dynamic random-access memory (DRAM). The memory cell of FRAM is comprised of a bit line and a capacitor connected to a plate. FRAM offers various advantages, such as faster write performance, high endurance, greater data reliability and more write-erase cycles.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Ferroelectric RAM Market Trends:
The primary factor impelling the demand for FRAMs is the various advantages offered by them as compared to their conventional counterparts. FRAM technology is embedded in microcontroller units (MCUs) using CMOS-based chips. This requires fewer stages for incorporating flash memory into MCUs, resulting in significant cost reductions. Besides this, it consumes low power as compared to other alternatives. Apart from this, the integration of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and cloud computing solutions with connected devices helps FRAMs in automatic system updates, especially in wireless applications. Moreover, with extensive research and development, manufacturers have designed FRAM-based smart meters to increase their operational life and minimize the overall maintenance costs. Looking forward, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.6% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into serial, parallel and other memories.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into mass storage, embedded storage and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into security systems, energy meters, smart cards, consumer electronics, wearable electronics, automotive electronics and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Fujitsu Limited (Furukawa Group), Infineon Technologies AG, International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation, LAPIS Semiconductor Co. Ltd. (Rohm Semiconductor), Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Texas Instruments Incorporated and Toshiba Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800