According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Fish Oil Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global fish oil market grew at a CAGR of around 5% during 2015-2020. Fish oil is obtained from fatty fish species like carp, tuna, herring, mackerel, anchovies, and sardines. It is a rich source of vitamin A, D and omega-3 fatty acids, which assist in reducing high blood pressure, boosting metabolism, lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases and improving skin health. As its consumption also supports weight loss and improves the symptoms of depression, its demand is escalating around the world.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Fish Oil Market Trends:
Fish oil is widely utilized as an essential ingredient in several dietary supplements and functional food products and beverages. This, in confluence with the rising prevalence of cardiovascular ailments and obesity across the globe, represents one of the key factors propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, fish oil is used in the production of pharmaceutical products around the world. Additionally, it is employed in numerous personal care products for treating dermatological disorders, including wrinkles, pigmentation, and dark circles. The market is also driven by extensive utilization of fish oil as a feed additive to enhance animal growth and control outbreaks of various diseases. Looking forward, the market value is projected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the source, the market has been segmented into anchoveta, sardine, capelin, menhaden, herring, anchovy, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hypermarkets and supermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been divided into aquaculture (salmon and trout, marine fish, crustaceans, tilapias, and others); animal feed; nutritional supplements; pharmaceutical; and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Denmark, Peru, Chile, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Taiwan, Thailand, and others); North America (the United States and Canada); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being China Fishery Group Limited, Copeinca AS, Camanchaca, FF Skagen A/S, Austevoll Seafood ASA, OLEVA Group, Oceana Group Ltd., Pesquera Diamante S.A., Pioneer Fishing, and TripleNine Group.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800