According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Fish Protein Hydrolysate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global fish protein hydrolysate market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during 2022-2027. Fish protein hydrolysate (FPH) is a bioactive product of fish protein that contains degraded amino acids and peptides. The protein hydrolyzation process involves the disintegration of proteins, which helps in the reconstruction of fish tissues into small parts and ultimately into amino acids and peptides. FPH can be formulated using various kinds of salt and freshwater fishes, such as salmon, tuna, anchovy, sardine, and crustaceans. It is a rich source of healthy fatty acids that aid in maintaining blood pressure and improving the overall cardiovascular health. FPH is used as a food binder, gelling agent, emulsifier, and nutritional supplement in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and nutraceutical industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Fish Protein Hydrolysate Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the global fish protein hydrolysate market is the widespread adoption of FPH as a cryoprotectant in aquaculture and animal feed to prevent the outbreak of infectious diseases. The addition of these compounds in feed products helps in reducing disease outbreaks and improving metabolic system against infections. Besides this, the extensive application of FPH in the pharmaceutical industry is contributing to the market growth. It is quickly absorbed by the body, which aids in muscle growth, reduces hypertension, and treats various gastrointestinal ailments. Moreover, the growing utilization of fish proteins in the preparation of various food products, such as sports nutrition, infant formulas, and protein supplements, is escalating the demand for FPH across the globe.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into acid hydrolysis, autolytic hydrolysis, and enzymatic hydrolysis. Currently, enzymatic hydrolysis dominates the market share.
- Based on the form, the market has been bifurcated into liquid and powder. Amongst these, powder accounts for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the fish type, the market has been divided into anchovy, herrings, menhaden, sardine, shads, and others. At present, anchovy is the most popular fish type in the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into food, pharmaceuticals, animal feed and pet food, cosmetics, and others. At present, animal feed and pet food is the largest application, dominating the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), North America (the United States and Canada), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players, including Alaska Protein Recovery LLC, Bio-marine Ingredients Ireland Ltd., Copalis, Dramm Corporation, Gelita AG, Great Pacific BioProducts Ltd., Hofseth Biocare ASA, Janatha Fish Meal & Oil Products, SAMPI, Scanbio Marine Group AS, Symrise AG and United Fisheries Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800