IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Flexible Display Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global flexible display market size reached US$ 17.6 Billion in 2022. A flexible display is a visual output surface that can be folded, bent, and twisted without breaking. It is is thin and lightweight, occupies less space, and is highly durable as it is made of plastic, which has a higher impact resistance than solid glass structures. It is commonly used as clothing that instantly changes color or pattern in response to the environment. As a result, flexible display finds extensive applications in personal computers (PCs), laptops, monitors, vehicles, smartphones, tablets, smart wearables, television (TV) sets, digital signage systems, and smart home appliances across the globe.
Global Flexible Display Market Trends:
Rising innovations in consumer electronics across the globe represent the primary factor driving market growth. Moreover, there has been a rise in the adoption of digital signage systems with the implementation of the smart city concept around the world. Besides this, the rising demand for compact and energy-efficient devices is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, there has been a surge in the use of display-based consumer electronic devices. In line with this, the escalating demand for connected and automated vehicles and the increasing use of electronic paper displays (EPDs) by e-readers are propelling the market growth. Along with this, the surging adoption of organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) as it has a simplified design, limited flexibility, and better image quality than conventional light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and liquid crystal displays (LCDs) is another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, heavy investments in research and development (R&D) activities by key players to launch new product variants are contributing to market growth. Apart from this, the rising demand for TVs and the increasing number of viewers consuming media from OTT platforms, such as Netflix, Amazon, and others, have augmented the product demand. Other factors, including the growing trend of smart homes, increasing demand for better picture quality, and escalating use of connected technologies, are also anticipated to create a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 81.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 28.3% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the display type, the market has been divided into OLED, LCD, electronic paper display (EPD), and others.
- On the basis of the substrate material, the market has been segmented into glass, plastic, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into smartphones and tablets, smart wearables, televisions and digital signage systems, personal computers and laptops, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AU Optronics Corp., BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd., Corning Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc., E Ink Holdings Inc., Innolux Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., LG Electronics Inc., Plastic Logic (FlexEnable Limited), Royole Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sharp Corporation, and Toshiba Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Display Type, Substrate Material, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AU Optronics Corp., BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd., Corning Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc., E Ink Holdings Inc., Innolux Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., LG Electronics Inc., Plastic Logic (FlexEnable Limited), Royole Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sharp Corporation and Toshiba Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800