IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Fluorescent in Situ Hybridization (FISH) Probe Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) probe market reached a value of US$ 816 Million in 2022. Fluorescent in Situ Hybridization, or FISH, is a laboratory technique that helps locate specific DNA sequences, diagnose genetic diseases, map genes, and detect novel oncogenes or genetic aberrations. It relies on fluorescent probes to visualize genetic materials as these probes absorb light of a particular wavelength and emit light upon binding with a specific DNA or RNA sequence, resulting in colored signals that can be detected using a fluorescent microscope. In recent years, FISH probes have gained immense traction due to their excellent sensitivity and accuracy in identifying targeted sequences, direct application to both metaphase chromosomes and interphase nuclei, and accurate visualization of hybridization signals at the single-cell level.
Global Fluorescent in Situ Hybridization (FISH) Probe Market Trends:
The surging need for In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) testing and targeted therapies due to the rising incidences of various genetic and chronic diseases represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Compared to the standard cytogenetic (cell gene) tests, FISH tests can detect minute genetic changes that are generally missed under the microscope. As a result, the growing usage of FISH probes for the diagnosis, prediction of outcomes, and clinical management of cancer and genetic disorders is contributing to market growth. Besides this, the escalating demand for rapid, sensitive, and accurate prognosis techniques for disease validation is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the leading players are engaging in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce novel disease-specific biomarkers. In line with this, continual product innovations, such as the development of FISH probes with higher sensitivity and accuracy, have propelled market growth. Other factors, including the rapid automation of diagnostic tests, favorable reimbursement policies, increasing healthcare expenditure, extensive investments in pharmacogenomics and pharmaceutical research, and advancements in biotechnology, are creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,224 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into DNA and RNA (mRNA, miRNA, and others).
- On the basis of the probe type, the market has been classified into locus-specific, alphoid/centromeric repeat, and whole chromosome probes.
- The market has been segmented based on technology into flow FISH, Q FISH, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into cancer, genetic diseases, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into research organizations, diagnostic centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abnova Corporation, Agilent Technologies Inc., Biocare Medical LLC, Biosearch Technologies Inc. (LGC Ltd.), Creative Biolabs Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Roche Holding AG), Genemed Biotechnologies Inc. (Sakura Finetek USA Inc.), Merck KGaA, Oxford Gene Technology IP Limited (Sysmex Corporation), PerkinElmer Inc., and ThermoFisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Probe Type, Technology, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abnova Corporation, Agilent Technologies Inc., Biocare Medical LLC, Biosearch Technologies (LGC Ltd.), Creative Biolabs, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Roche Holding AG), Genemed Biotechnologies Inc. (Sakura Finetek USA Inc.), Merck KGaA, Oxford Gene Technology (Sysmex Corporation), PerkinElmer Inc. and ThermoFisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800