According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Food Authenticity Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global food authenticity market size reached US$ 6.8 Billion in 2021. Food authenticity refers to the testing and verification of food and beverages (F&B) concerning their composition, purity, origin, and production. Chromatography, microscopy, food allergen analysis, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), immunoassay, and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) testing are commonly used techniques. Food authenticity is done in laboratories to examine the quality and authenticity of products. The testing is widely done for products such as edible oil, wine, grains, pulses, meat, cereals, and juices. Food authenticity involves analytical tests to examine the qualitative and quantitative composition that help detect food frauds, misrepresenting ingredients, and verifying information and voluntary claims.
Global Food Authenticity Market Trends:
The rising food quality concerns among the masses are driving the market growth. In line with this, the increasing health consciousness due to the consumption of contaminated food, including toxic chemicals and radioactive materials, resulting in foodborne diseases, is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the increasing incidences of false labeling, certification, fraud, and adulterations in food products are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of remote testing kits and advancements in analytical testing software that helps to maintain transparent supply chains is providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) that assists in real-time tracking of food products and monitoring food safety and quality is facilitating the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of PCR technology due to its effectiveness in identifying both intentional and accidental adulterations of food by biological contaminants and the absence or presence of genetically modified materials in the product sample is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the implementation of various government initiatives regarding food fraud, increasing demand for clean label products, and significant growth in the F&B industry, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 10.3 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.13% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the target testing, the market has been categorized into meat speciation, country of origin and aging, adulteration test, and false labeling.
- Based on technology, the market has been divided into polymerase chain reaction based, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, isotope method, immunoassay based/ELISA, and others.
- On the basis of the food tested, the market has been classified into meat and meat products, dairy and dairy products, cereal, grain and pulses, processed food, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being ALS Limited, EMSL Analytical Inc., Eurofins Scientific Inc., Intertek Group plc, LGC Limited, Mérieux NutriSciences, Microbac Laboratories Inc., Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH (Koninklijke DSM N.V.) and SGS SA.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800