IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Food and Beverages (F&B) Coding and Marking Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global food and beverages (F&B) coding and marking equipment market reached a value of US$ 1.6 Billion in 2022. Food and beverage (F&B) coding and marking equipment are machines used to print product-related information, such as the manufacturing date, price, batch number, expiration date, nutritional information, and industry certifications, on the F&B packaging. Some commonly used marking and coding formats include barcodes, QR codes, 2D codes, logos, and authentic markings. It helps businesses build and maintain brand image by assuring customers of product authenticity, transparency, and freshness. It is also utilized by manufacturers to track consumer habits for creating tailored marketing programs. As a result, coding and marking equipment has gained immense traction across the food and beverage (F&B) industry.
Global Food and Beverages (F&B) Coding and Marking Equipment Market Trends:
The escalating demand for packaged and labeled foods and beverages due to rapid urbanization, inflating consumer disposable incomes, and shifting dietary preferences represents the primary factor driving the market growth. In addition, the rising instances of counterfeit products have strengthened the need for product differentiation and brand protection. Along with this, the shifting consumer inclination toward products with regulatory certificates and traceability tags owing to the growing food safety and health concerns has augmented the demand for F&B coding and marking equipment. Besides this, the introduction of stringent regulations by governments of various countries mandating F&B manufacturers to print detailed product information on the packaging has accelerated the product adoption rate. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are developing new coding and marking equipment that recycles unused ink to reduce waste and production costs and have lower replacement requirements to minimize downtime. In line with this, the development of advanced coding solutions integrated with tracking systems that improve supply chain traceability and visibility of products has propelled market growth. Other factors, including the expanding F&B industry, rising adoption of multifunctional inkjet printers, technological advancements, and product innovations, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2.2 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.36% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into primary and secondary packaging coding.
- The market has been divided based on technology into continuous inkjet, laser, thermal transfer overprinting, print and apply labeling machine, piezoelectric inkjet, valve inkjet, and thermal inkjet.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified as food and beverage industries.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Danaher Corporation, Domino Printing Sciences plc, Hitachi Ltd., Diagraph Corporation, ID Technology (Pro Mach, Inc.), Superior Case Coding, Inc., Universal Labeling Systems, SATO America, Durable Technologies, JanTech Marking Equipment, Brother Industries, Ltd., Dover Corporation, and Illinois Tool Works Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800