The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Food Contact Paper and Board Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” has analyzed the global food contact paper and board market is expected to exhibit moderate growth during 2021-2026. Food contact paper and boards, or food contact materials (FCMs), are packaging materials that are utilized during processing, production, preparation, storage, serving, and consumption of the food items. These products protect the contents from air, dust, moisture and grease for convenient food storage and disposal. As a result, FCMs are used for packaging bakery products, fruits, beverages, and ready-to-eat food items. They are also used in close contact dip tea bags, filter paper, and butter wrappings. In recent years, FCMs have gained traction as they are easy to handle, flexible, hygienic, and offer a disposable alternative for plates and other serving utensils.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Food Contact Paper and Board Market Trends:
With growing consciousness among consumers regarding the harmful effects of plastic and aluminum packaging on the environment, food and beverage manufacturers are opting for lightweight packaging materials. As FCMs enhance the shelf life of the products and minimize transportation and storage costs, their rising utilization is providing a positive outlook to the market. Besides this, there has been an increased need for packaged food due to rapid urbanization and fast-paced lifestyles. This has escalated the demand for food-grade contact papers and boards, which are utilized for safe distribution and transportation of food products. Furthermore, several manufacturers are developing eco-friendly or sustainable paper and board variants that are made from natural fibers and are biodegradable and readily compostable in nature. On account of these factors, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into non-poly coated and board and poly coated and board.
- On the basis of the paper weight, the market has been segmented into up to 30 GSM, between 30-50 GSM and above 50 GSM.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into corrugated and folding cartons, kraft paper, wrapping paper and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into bakery products, dry groceries, ready meals, non-liquid dairy products and others.
- Based on the end use sector, the market has been segregated into hotels and restaurants, bakeries and cafes, fast food joints, cinema halls and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Anchor Packaging Inc., Ball Corporation, Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG, Georgia-Pacific LLC, Huhtamäki Oyj, Huntsman International LLC, International Paper Company, Intertek Group PLC, Mondi Plc., Nippon Paper Group and Sonoco Products.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800