The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Food Grade Gases Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global food grade gases market size reached US$ 7.5 Billion in 2021. Food-grade gases are specialized gases used for freezing, preserving, packaging, and carbonating various products such as fruits, oil, sauces, bakery, dressings, carbonated drinks, condiments, dairy, and meat products. Some commonly used food-grade gases are nitrogen (N2), hydrogen (H2), argon (Ar), carbon dioxide (CO2), helium (H2) and oxygen (O2). These gases are employed as an additive or processing aid during food preparation. For instance, carbon dioxide is utilized for carbonated beer and soda, liquid nitrogen for safe and quick freezing, and argon, nitrogen, helium, ozone, propane, nitrous oxide, ethylene, chlorine, iso-butane, and carbon dioxide to preserve packaged foods. In addition, these gases are passed through food products to minimize oxygen and moisture content and optimize them for preparation or storage. Owing to these benefits, food-grade gases are widely utilized in the food and beverage (F&B) industry across the globe.
Global Food Grade Gases Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding food and beverage (F&B) sector. Food-grade gases are widely utilized to extend shelf life and retain the freshness of packaged food, such as fruits, vegetables, organic, pasta, and cheese, without using synthetic chemicals. In addition, the escalating demand for premium-quality meat and seafood products and the growing health awareness among individuals leading to the consumption of healthier, high-quality, safe food is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, various technological advancements, including the introduction of controlled atmosphere packaging (CAP), active packaging, and modified air packaging (MAP) solutions, represent other growth-inducing factors. Besides this, the rising product utilization in cafes, hotels, quick-serving restaurants (QSRs), and microbreweries is also providing a thrust to the market growth. Along with this, the extensive use of food-grade gases as propellants in aerosol-dispensed food products, such as creams and cheeses, and desserts, for improving texture and fluffiness is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the rising disposable incomes of consumers and the increasing consumption of packaged food products on account of busy working schedules are other factors creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 10.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.47% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segregated into carbon dioxide, nitrogen, oxygen, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into freezing and chilling, packaging and carbonation, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into beverages, meat and seafood, convenience food products, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Air Liquide S.A., Air Products Inc., Air Water Inc., Coregas Pty Ltd (Wesfarmers Limited), Gulf Cryo, Linde plc, Massy Group Inc, SOL Spa, Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), The Messer Group GmbH and Tyczka Polska Sp. z o.o.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800