The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Food Robotics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global food robotics market size reached US$ 1.9 Billion in 2021. Food robotics involve various complex manufacturing processes such as feed placement, dispensing, packaging and casing, cutting and slicing, sorting raw materials, picking and placing products into containers, and labelling packages. They assist in performing repetitive and tedious production tasks in extreme conditions at high speed. Food robots save space and time, minimize production costs, and enhance the cleanliness, safety, and efficiency of production procedures. In recent years, food robotics have gained traction due to the automation of the food production procedures to mass-produce products with high yields and precision.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
One of the primary factors driving the market is the lack of skilled and low-cost labor. Additionally, due to the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and big data, numerous advancements in robotic technology are being made that allow the gentle, quick handling of sensitive food products such as frozen pizzas, biscuits, and fruits and vegetables. Other than this, robots used in the food and beverage (F&B) sector can create custom designs and complex patterns on cakes and other bakery items. Besides this, these food robots are gaining popularity in high-end restaurants and luxury hotels for efficient order picking and packaging, thus creating a positive market outlook. Along with this, due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and implementation of lockdown in various nations, numerous F&B production facilities faced a shortage of workers. Due to this, the need to adopt social distancing measures and the surging demand for packaged food products are propelling the market growth. Moreover, several leading key players are investing in the development of robotics that perform industrial tasks, thus strengthening the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.9 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 12.27% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into SCARA, articulated, parallel, cylindrical, and others.
- On the basis of the payload, the market has been divided into low, medium, and heavy.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into packaging, repackaging, palletizing, picking, processing, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd, Bastian Solutions LLC (Toyota Industries Corporation), Denso Corporation, Fanuc Corporation, Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Kuka AG (Midea Group Co. Ltd.), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Rockwell Automation Inc., Seiko Epson Corporation, Staubli International AG, Universal Robots A/S (Teradyne Inc.), and Yaskawa Electric Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800