According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Forehead Thermometer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global forehead thermometer market size grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. Forehead thermometers utilize an infrared scanner to measure the temperature of the temporal artery in the forehead. They are non-intrusive devices that are made up of infrared sensors, capacitors, LCD screen, LCD driver, and PCB microcontroller diodes. Also known as temporal artery thermometers, they require minimum calibration while measuring the temperature of users in an accurate manner. Their usage facilitates quicker temperature measurement with or without physical contact when compared with oral thermometers. The non-contact variants are widely gaining preference among the masses as they can measure the body temperature from a distance of 1.2 and 6 inches from the users, thereby reducing the risks of cross-infection. On the other hand, the contact forehead devices offer precise arterial temperature measurements in both touch and non-touch modes.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Forehead Thermometer Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the recent outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) across the globe. This has created an increasing demand for mandatory temperature check-ups and frequent and efficient health screening processes across numerous public spaces. Contactless thermometers are, therefore, extensively being utilized across malls, offices, airports, hospitals and housing societies as an effective measure to monitor body temperature while preventing further transmission of the pandemic. Apart from this, technological advancements have led to the advent of product variants with improved accuracy that capture minute differences in temperature. There has also been an increasing adoption of infrared thermometers due to the growing concerns regarding personal health among individuals. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into contact and non-contact thermometers.
- Based on the portability, the market has been divided into handheld and fixed variants.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into business to business and retail (offline and online).
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into the public and private sectors.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, South Africa and others).
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Microlife AG, BRAUN GmbH, Radiant Innovation Inc., EASYWELL BIOMEDICALS, Avita Health System, Rossmax International Ltd., Omron Healthcare, Inc., Samico Electronics Limited, Oricom International Pty Ltd, and Welch Allyn, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145