According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Forensic Technologies Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global forensic technologies market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Forensic technology involves the use of scientific solutions to assist in criminal investigations. It utilizes advanced technological solutions to search, retrieve and analyze large and complex data sets for conducting forensic investigations. It also includes the identification, interpretation and analysis of evidence with the assistance of scientific and technical knowledge. Some of the commonly employed tools and procedures used in forensics include scanning electron microscope, deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) fingerprinting, facial reconstruction, and laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS). Their usage improves the strength and sensitivity of the collected facts and evidence from the site of crime.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Forensic Technologies Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising incidences of crimes. Along with this, continual technological advancements in the field of forensic science are creating a positive outlook for the market. The widespread integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud-based services with various processes is providing an impetus to the market growth. Also, extensive research and development (R&D) activities have further led to the deployment of ballistic and alternative light photography in forensics to offer accurate information regarding bruises and bullet trajectories. Additionally, three-dimensional (3D) techniques are increasingly being utilized in forensic facial reconstruction systems to reconstruct a face based on the available evidence, which is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the increasing prevalence of cybercrimes across the banking, healthcare and telecommunications sectors and the rapid developments in DNA testing technologies. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 11% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into digital and computer forensics, ballistic forensics, DNA testing, biometrics and others.
- On the basis of the service, the market has been bifurcated into laboratory forensics (DNA testing, drug testing, biometrics, and others) and forensic consulting.
- Based on the technique, the market has been classified into polymerase chain reaction (PCR), capillary electrophoresis, next-generation sequencing, rapid DNA analysis, automated liquid handling technology, microarrays and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into pharmacogenetics, biodefense and bio-surveillance, judicial and law enforcement, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the market with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agilent Technologies, GE Healthcare, LGC, Promega, IDEMIA, Canon, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Shimadzu Corp, NetBio, SCIEX, Forensic Fluids Laboratories, NMS Labs, Eurofins Medigenomix GmbH, Forensic Pathways, and Pyramidal Technologies Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800