According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Freeze-Drying Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global freeze-drying equipment market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Also known as lyophilization or cryodesiccation, freeze-drying is a dehydration process wherein the product undergoes freezing, and theice is removed via sublimation. It does not lead to shrinkage or toughening of the product, thereby assisting in keeping its overall appearance and characteristics intact. It is employed in the food and beverage (F&B) sector to retain the fragrance and flavor of perishable products. Besides this, it is also utilized in the pharmaceuticals industry to extend the shelf life of heat-sensitive and thermolabile materials.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Freeze-Drying Equipment Market Trends:
Due to hectic lifestyles and inflating income levels of individuals, there is a considerable rise in the demand for frozenfood products worldwide. This represents one of the key factors positively influencing the sales of freeze-drying equipment. Moreover, as it assists in removing water and easy storage and transportation of food inspacecraft and military camps, its demand is catalyzing across the aerospace and defense sectors. Apart from this, the COVID-19 outbreak and the urgency of diagnosing the disease are resulting in the adoption of freeze-drying equipment around the world to meet the surging need for diagnostic kits. Additionally, the rising focus of researchers onintroducing sophisticated processes using freeze-drying technology is impelling the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing prevalence of diseases is expanding the application of equipment in the pharmaceutical industry to store injectables and biological samples. Looking forward, the market is projected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the dryer type, the market has been segmented into tray style, manifold and rotary freeze dryers.
- Based on the scale of operation, the market has been segregated into industrial, pilot and laboratory-scale freeze dryers.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of its application into food processing and packaging, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, biomedical engineering, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Azbil Corporation, Cuddon Freeze Dry, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, Harvest Right, LLC, HOF Sonderanlagenbau GmbH, Labconco Corporation, Martin Christ Gefriertrocknungsanlagen GmbH, Millrock Technology, Inc., Millrock Technology, Inc., OPTIMA packaging group GmbH, Shanghai Tofflon Science and Technology Co. Ltd., and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal