According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Frozen Food Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global frozen food market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Frozen foods are food products preserved under low temperatures to be used over a long period. They include fruits, vegetables, edible roots, ready-to-eat meals, seafood and meat-based products, along with bakery, snacks, and desserts. Freezing helps to preserve nutrients for a longer period. Consumers can choose from a wide range of seasonal items throughout the year, regardless of their natural availability. Furthermore, since consumers only use the amount required, frozen food items help to reduce food waste as well.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Frozen Food Market Trends:
The hectic lifestyles and busy schedules of the majority of the working population have impelled the need for foods that are quick and easy to prepare. This, in turn, is propelling the demand for frozen food that serves as a convenient meal and snack option, thus creating a positive outlook for the market. Frozen food is also widely preferred for its high nutritional content and longer shelf-life. Consequently, they are extensively utilized in commercial establishments, such as cafes, hotels, and restaurants, to reduce overall cooking time while serving healthy meals to consumers. Moreover, the easy product availability in attractive and sustainable packaging solutions through both online and offline retail channels is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including growing consumer expenditure capacities and rising number of home delivery platforms and quick service restaurants (QSRs), along with expanding cold chain infrastructure, especially in developing economies, are creating a positive outlook for the market further. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 4.2% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into frozen vegetable snacks, meat products, and vegetables and fruits.
- Based on the frozen vegetable snack, the market has been classified into French fries, bites, wedges and smileys, aloo tikki, nuggets and others.
- On the basis of the frozen meat product, the market has been divided into chicken, fish, pork, mutton and others.
- On the basis of the frozen fruit, the market has been divided into strawberries, berries (raspberries, blueberries and blackberries), cherries and others.
- According to the frozen vegetable, the market has been divided into green peas, corn, mixed vegetables, carrot, cauliflower and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Aryzta A.G., Associated British Foods plc, Bellisio Foods Inc. (Charoen Pokphand Foods), Cargill Incorporated, Conagra Brands Inc., General Mills Inc., The Kraft Heinz Company, JBS S.A., Jeanie Marshal Foods Ltd, Kellogg Company, McCain Foods Limited, Nestle S.A. and Wawona Frozen Foods.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800