According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Frozen Pizza Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global frozen pizza market size reached US$ 15.5 Billion in 2021. Frozen pizzas are prepared using yeasted flatbread dough and topped with chicken, ham, cheese, sauces and vegetables. They are flash-frozen upon preparation to retain their nutritional value and overall taste. As they are convenient, economical, and have a longer shelf life compared to freshly baked pizzas, their demand is escalating around the world.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Frozen Pizza Market Trends:
Sedentary lifestyles due to hectic work schedules have positively influenced the demand for easy-to-cook and ready-to-eat (RTE) meal options. This represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Apart from this, various manufacturers are introducing gluten and dairy-free frozen pizza variants. They are also utilizing innovative toppings, vegan-friendly and organic ingredients, which is creating a favorable market outlook. Furthermore, the increasing number of retail outlets and Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) are catalyzing the product demand. Some of the other major factors, including rapid urbanization, growing health consciousness among individuals, and rising utilization of advanced technologies for the production, storage and supply of the products, are anticipated to drive the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to exhibit a CAGR of 6.38% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the crust type, the market has been segregated into thin, thick, stuffed, and other crusts. At present, thin-crust frozen pizza accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been categorized into small, medium, and large. Presently, the medium-sized frozen pizza exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into regular, premium, and gourmet frozen pizza. Amongst these, regular product variant holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the topping, the market has been divided into cheese, meat, fruits and vegetables, and others. Meat toppings currently account for the majority of the overall market share.
- Based on the distribution, the market has been classified into food chain services, modern trade, departmental stores, online stores, and others. At present, food chain services dominate the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Amy’s Kitchen, Inc., Atkins Nutritionals Holdings Inc. (The Simply Good Foods Company), Conagra Brands, Inc., Daiya Foods Inc. (Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.), Dr. August Oetker Nahrungsmittel KG, Freiberger Lebensmittel GmbH, General Mills, Inc., McCain Foods Limited, Nestle S.A., Newman’s Own, Inc., and The Kraft Heinz Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal