According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Fruit Juice Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the market size reached 46.3 Billion Liters in 2019, registering a CAGR of 1.8% during 2014-2019. Fruit juice is a non-fermented beverage prepared by extracting the pulp of fresh fruits. It is commercially produced by mechanically squeezing or macerating fresh fruits to obtain the pulp. Numerous artificial flavors and additives, such as preservatives and stabilizers, are added to the juices to render an appealing taste and extend their shelf life. Available in a vast array of packaging sizes and diversified flavors, fruit juices are characterized by a refreshing taste that offers an instantaneous boost of energy. They are a rich source of folate, calcium, vitamin A and C, magnesium and potassium. Consequently, their consumption is associated with improving metabolism, aiding digestion, reducing cholesterol levels, assisting weight loss and providing hydration to the body.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Fruit Juice Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing awareness regarding physical fitness and personal health among the masses. This, along with the changing dietary preferences and improving lifestyle patterns, has led them to substitute carbonated soft drinks with healthy fruit juices. Unlike soft drinks, juices do not contain caffeine, high sugar content, artificial coloring and phosphoric acid, which has contributed to their widespread preference. Along with this, preservative-free product variants with natural sweeteners are gaining popularity among health-conscious consumers. Moreover, to cater to the diverse preferences of the consumers, manufacturers are now introducing fortified fruit juices with high nutritional content. They are also investing for the development of safe, convenient and high-quality packaging of these beverages, which is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. The extensive usage of multi-layered tetra packs that are available in varied sizes, ranging from jumbo to single-serve packages, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The market is further driven by the advanced technologies employed in the manufacturing of these packaging solutions that improve the shelf life of the product while effectively maintaining the original taste and preserving the nutritional value of the juices. Furthermore, the rising trend of consuming cold-pressed fruit juices among the urban population due to the enhanced health benefits offered by them is also creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness stable growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into 100% fruit juice, nectars, juice drinks, concentrates, powdered juice and others. Currently, juice drinks represent the most preferred product type.
- Based on the flavor, the market has been classified into orange, apple, mango, mixed fruit and others. Amongst these, orange fruit juice accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, supermarkets and hypermarkets exhibit a clear dominance in the market. Some of the other major segments include convenience stores, specialty food stores, online retail and others.
- On the geographical front, Europe holds the leading position in the market. Other key regions include North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo, Inc., China Huiyuan Juice Group Limited, and Archer Daniels Midland Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal