According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Fullerene Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global fullerene market grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. Fullerene refers to a class of carbon allotropes that consist of carbon atoms that are connected with single and double bonds. They are characterized by a hollow structure that resembles a cylindrical tube, ellipsoid, sphere or cube. Extensively produced using commonly found substrates, including graphite, coal, and hydrocarbon fuels, it is considered to be stable in nature while being sparingly soluble in many solvents. It also possesses exceptional thermal, conductive and chemical properties while exhibiting anti-viral nature. As a result, it is widely being used as a crucial component in the production of skin creams, antioxidants, biocatalysts, biopharmaceuticals and polymer electronics.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Fullerene Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing utilization of fullerene in the pharmaceuticals industry. The hydrophobicity and the electronic structure of the carbon molecule enable it to be widely used for numerous bio-medical applications. There has been a rise in its applications for cancer imaging and therapy procedures, which is providing an contributing to the market growth. Additionally, these molecules are extensively utilized for designing high-performance MRI agents as well as genetic material delivery in the sector. Along with this, the increasing demand for fullerene from the cosmetics sector is creating a positive outlook for the market. There has been a rise in the requirement for spherical shaped and water-soluble fullerene derivatives that assist in facilitating skin repair associated with damage, premature aging and rashes caused by exposure to artificial chemicals. This, coupled with the considerable increase in the sales of cosmetic products due to rapid urbanization and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Advancements in the field of nano-science and the growing utilization of these molecules as electron acceptors and donor materials in organic photovoltaic (PV) cells are some of the other factors driving the market further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into C60, C70, C76 and others.
- Based on the shape, the market has been classified into bucky balls, nanotubes (single-wall and multiple-wall), and nano-rods.
- On the basis of the production method, the market has been categorized into CVD/CCVD process, arc discharge method, laser ablation of graphite, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into electrical and electronics, pharmaceuticals, medical, aerospace and defense, energy and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include ApNano Meterials, Inc. (Nanotech Industrial Solutions), BuckyUSA, IoLiTec - Ionic Liquids Tecgnologies GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings, MTR Ltd., Nano-C, Inc., SES Research Inc., and Term USA.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal