According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "G-Protein Coupled Receptors (GPCRs) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) market size reached US$ 3.2 Billion in 2022. G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) refer to the most diverse and largest group of membrane receptors in eukaryotes. They comprise a long protein that possesses three basic regions, an extracellular portion or N-terminus, an intracellular portion or the C-terminus, and a middle segment containing seven transmembrane domains. They also consist of non-sensory components that facilitate signaling by a wide variety of ligands, such as growth factors, hormones, and other endogenous molecules. They are primarily classified into six groups based on sequence homology and functional similarity. GPCRs are located on the cell membrane and mediate the sense of vision, smell, taste, and pain. They are combined with GPCR targets by evaluating several parameters, such as binding affinity, selectivity, and kinetics of compound binding. They perform like an inbox for messages in the form of light energy, peptides, lipids, sugar, and proteins. They are used in cell recognition and communication processes and hence have emerged as a prominent superfamily for drug targets.
Global G-Protein Coupled Receptors (GPCRs) Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for GPCRs, as they are involved in a wide variety of human physiological processes, such as growth, metabolism, and homeostasis, represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the rising association of GPCRs with a broad spectrum of diseases and as a target of numerous modern drugs, such as angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) for hypertension, antihistamines for allergies, and bronchodilators for asthma, is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the growing occurrence of various lifestyle-related health complications, such as obesity, diabetes, thyroiditis, and cardiovascular diseases, among the masses is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing demand for cell therapies and novel drugs due to the rising number of cancer cases around the world is contributing to the growth of the market. Moreover, the incorporation of automation and effective technology to scale drug development and manufacturing processes is supporting the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.52% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into cell lines, detection kits, cell culture reagents, and ligands. Cell lines currently represents the largest segment.
- Based on the assay type, the market has been classified into cAMP functional assays, calcium functional assays, β-arrestin functional assays, radioligand binding and GTPγS functional assays, internalization assays, trafficking assays, and others. At present, cAMP functional assays hold the largest share in the market.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into cancer research, CNS research, metabolic research, cardiovascular research, inflammation research, respiratory research, and others. Presently, cancer research exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Abcam plc, Becton Dickinson and Company, Enzo Biochem Inc., Eurofins DiscoverX Products LLC, HD Biosciences Co. Ltd. (WuXi AppTec), Merck KGaA, Molecular Devices LLC (Danaher Corporation), PerkinElmer Inc., Promega Corporation, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Cell Lines, Detection Kits, Cell Culture Reagents, Ligands
|Assay Types Covered
||cAMP Functional Assays, Calcium Functional Assays, β-Arrestin Functional Assays, Radioligand Binding and GTPγS Functional Assays, Internalization Assays, Trafficking Assays, Others
||Cancer Research, CNS Research, Metabolic Research, Cardiovascular Research, Inflammation Research, Respiratory Research, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abcam plc, Becton Dickinson and Company, Enzo Biochem Inc., Eurofins DiscoverX Products LLC, HD Biosciences Co. Ltd. (WuXi AppTec), Merck KGaA, Molecular Devices LLC (Danaher Corporation), PerkinElmer Inc., Promega Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800