According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Galley Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global galley equipment market size reached US$ 6.1 Billion in 2019. Galley equipment refers to the numerous on-board kitchen appliances used to cook and store food products in land-, water- and air-borne vessels. They are usually rigid, compact and robust due to the limited space available on the ships. Nowadays, manufacturers are launching innovative products designed for maximum efficiency. Some of the common variants include cooking, preparation, refrigeration, self-service, scullery, and laundry equipment.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Galley Equipment Market Trends:
The rising adoption of lightweight galley equipment represents the primary factor bolstering the market growth. Made with composite materials, it helps in reducing the weight of the vessel, which, in turn, lowers fuel consumption. It is generally made using injection molded polycarbonate, 3D panels, and various 3D printed materials. Apart from this, the demand for smaller and compact galley equipment is increasing as it helps free up space for additional seats. Furthermore, manufacturers are offering technologically advanced equipment with improved ergonomics. They are also designing modular and customized galley equipment that offers enhanced convenience and improved user experience. Looking forward, the market is projected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into aviation (beverage makers and chillers, water boilers, dishwashers, racks/trays, serving pots, trash compactors and others) and ship galleys (cooking equipment, wash-ware systems, refrigeration systems, hoods and others).
- On the basis of the aircraft type, the market has been segregated into single-aisle, twin-aisle and business general aviation.
- The market has been categorized based on the ship type into surface ships, amphibious ships, passenger vessels, recreational boats and bulk carriers.
- On the basis of the fit, the market has been segmented into line- and retro-fit.
- The market has been bifurcated based on the application into aviation and marine.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Aerolux Limited, Air Cabin Engineering Inc., Aluminox S.A., B/E Aerospace Inc., Bucher Leichtbau AG, Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG, Diethelm Keller Holding Ltd., JAMCO Corporation, Jeitek Corporation, Kang Li Far East Pte Ltd., Loipart AB, Miele & Cie KG and Zodiac Aerospace (Safran SA).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800