According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Gaming Peripherals Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global gaming peripherals market size reached US$ 4.02 Billion in 2021. Gaming peripherals refer to various auxiliary devices that are widely used by gamers for a seamless gaming experience. They include numerous input and output devices, such as joysticks, headsets, gamepads, mouse, speakers, additional displays and keyboards. These wired and wireless equipment are connected with laptops or personal computers (PC) to offer enhanced convenience to the users. Since video games offer an interactive gaming experience, they have gradually gained widespread preference over traditional board games in the recent years. Supported by the increasing penetration of high-speed internet connectivity, this has contributed to the escalating sales of gaming peripherals across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Gaming Peripherals Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising popularity of e-sports. This has consequently led to a considerable increase in the number of casual and professional gamers across the globe, thereby providing a boost to the sales of gaming peripherals. There has been an increasing demand for special customizable gaming keyboards and gamepads that offer improved convenience and better ergonomics to the gamers. Facilitated by the continual innovations in technologies and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, this is expected to provide an impetus to the market growth. The market is further driven by the escalating demand for an immersive and realistic gaming experience by the users. This has led to the rising requirement for advanced gaming consoles with whole-body sensors and superior quality gaming peripherals. Moreover, the launch of numerous virtual and augmented reality-based (AR/VR) games that require advanced gaming headsets is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the rapid outbreak of COVID-19 has impelled individuals to spend more time indoors, which has consequently led to the escalating popularity of home entertainment. Supported by the rising popularity of cloud-based games that eliminate the requirement of hardware upgradation, this is expected to catalyze the demand for innovative e-sports and specialized gaming peripherals. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.44% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product type, headsets account for the majority of the total market share. Other types are joysticks, keyboards, gamepads, mice, and others.
- Based on the gaming device type, the market has been categorized into gaming consoles and PCs (desktop/laptop). Among these, gaming consoles exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of technology, wireless technology is the most popular segment, followed by wired technology.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online segments.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and North America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Alienware, Logitech International S.A., Das Keyboard (Metadot Corporation), GAMDIAS Technology, Shenzhen Sades Digital Technology Co., Ltd., Razer Inc., Mad Catz Global Limited, Turtle Beach Corporation, Corsair Components Inc., HyperX, SteelSeries ApS, Anker Innovations Limited, Roccat GmbH, Reddragon Zone, Cooler Master Co. Ltd., and Sennheiser Electronic GmbH and Co. KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145