As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Gaming Peripherals Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global gaming peripherals market size reached US$ 2.66 Billion in 2018. Gaming peripherals are external devices that offer input and output to a laptop or personal computers (PCs) for enhancing the overall gaming experience of users. The demand for gaming peripherals, such as headsets, keyboards, joysticks, mice and gamepads, has increased in recent years owing to the flourishing gaming industry, which has led to the evolution of traditional board games into video games that are relatively more interactive. Moreover, improving penetration of the internet, in confluence with the introduction of gaming PCs and laptops, is positively influencing the development and commercialization of these games.
Global Gaming Peripherals Market Trends:
The increasing number of gaming enthusiasts, along with the growing popularity of e-sports tournaments, represents one of the key factors impelling the gaming peripherals market. E-sports and other games have resulted in the introduction of specialized gaming keyboards and gamepads. Moreover, there is a significant rise in the demand for immersive and realistic gaming experiences, which has created a requirement for superior quality gaming consoles and peripheral devices. Besides this, due to the emergence of numerous market players and the easy availability of products at affordable price points, the PC gaming peripherals market is experiencing strong growth, especially in the Asia Pacific region. Further, the wide popularity of games, such as PUBG, Fortnite, Minecraft and League of Legends, is also propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 4.10 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 7% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into headsets, keyboards, joysticks, mice, gamepads and others. Amongst these, headsets represent the most popular gaming peripherals.
- On the basis of the gaming device type, the market has been bifurcated into PCs (desktop/laptop) and gaming consoles. At present, PCs exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the technology into the wired and wireless segments. Wired technology currently accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into the online and offline segments.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined with some of the key players being Dell Inc., Logitech International S.A., Razer Inc., Mad Catz Global Limited, Turtle Beach Corporation, Corsair Components Inc., Cooler Master Co. Ltd., Sennheiser Electronic GmbH and Co. KG, Kingston Technology Corporation, SteelSeries ApS, Anker Innovations Limited, Roccat GmbH, Reddragon Zone, Das Keyboard (Metadot Corporation), GAMDIAS Technology and Shenzhen Sades Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145