According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Gaming Peripherals Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global gaming peripherals market size reached US$ 2.9 Billion in 2019. Gaming peripherals refer to input and output devices that are connected to a personal computer (PC) or laptop to offer an enhanced gaming experience to users. There is a range of peripherals available for users, including joysticks, headsets, gamepads, and keyboards. As video games offer an interactive gaming session, they have gradually gained preference over traditional board games. This has provided a thrust to the gaming industry, especially among the young generation across the globe. This has been further supported by the increasing penetration of the internet around the world and the introduction of gaming laptops and PCs.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Gaming Peripherals Market Trends:
One of the major growth-inducing factors of the market is the growing popularity of e-sports tournaments. This, along with other games, has led to the introduction of specialized gamepads and keyboards. Apart from this, the expanding number of gaming enthusiasts due to COVID-19 induced lockdowns is also propelling the market growth. Moreover, there has been a higher demand for an immersive and realistic gaming experience, which has created a requirement for superior quality gaming peripherals. Furthermore, the introduction of virtual and augmented reality-based (AR/VR) games is also providing a thrust to the sales of advanced gaming headsets. Additionally, manufacturers are innovating with their products to introduce improved and convenient peripherals for users. On account of these factors, the market is expected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- On the basis of the product type, headsets account for the majority of the total market share. Other types are joysticks, keyboards, gamepads, mice, and others.
- Based on the gaming device type, the market has been categorized into gaming consoles and PCs (desktop/laptop). Among these, PCs exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of technology, wired technology is the most popular segment, followed by wireless technology.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online segments.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Latin America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and North America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Dell Inc., Logitech International S.A., Das Keyboard (Metadot Corporation), GAMDIAS Technology, Shenzhen Sades Digital Technology Co., Ltd., Razer Inc., Mad Catz Global Limited, Turtle Beach Corporation, Corsair Components Inc., Kingston Technology Corporation, SteelSeries ApS, Anker Innovations Limited, Roccat GmbH, Reddragon Zone, Cooler Master Co. Ltd., and Sennheiser Electronic GmbH and Co. KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145