According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Gastroparesis Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global gastroparesis drugs market reached a value of US$ 5.9 Billion in 2021. Gastroparesis, or delayed gastric emptying, is a medical condition that causes partial paralysis of the stomach muscles. It triggers heartburn, nausea, vomiting of undigested food, abdominal bloating, early satiety, and problems in regulating blood sugar levels. At present, gastroparesis can be treated through the utilization of various therapeutic drugs, such as antiemetics, proton pump inhibitors (PPI’s), erythromycin, prochlorperazine and erythromycin. These medications assist in controlling nausea, reducing acid refluxes, and ensuring stomach contractions for further helping food move down through the digestive tract. On account of these properties, they are extensively used for treating diabetic, post-surgical and idiopathic gastroparesis diseases.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Gastroparesis Drugs Market Trends:
The global gastroparesis drug market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of diabetes, especially amongst the rising geriatric population. This can be attributed to the escalating consumption of tobacco-based products and alcoholic beverages. The growing number of laparotomy procedures that cause postsurgical gastroparesis syndrome (PGS) are further inflating the overall sales of gastroparesis drugs across the globe. In line with this, significant investments being made by the government bodies of several nations in the research and development (R&D) department of medical sciences to introduce novel antiemetic drug therapy and prokinetics medications are acting as other growth-inducing factors. These medicines assist in enhancing gastrointestinal mobility and treating idiopathic gastroparesis that causes upper abdominal pain. The market growth is also influenced by ongoing technological advancements that are focusing on developing effective drug delivery solutions, such as nasal cavity route of administration, with reduced discomfort and enhanced patient outcomes. Other factors, such as improving healthcare infrastructure, the growing demand for eco-friendly drugs and the increasing awareness amongst consumers regarding the availability of different treatment options, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors,the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 7.8 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.15% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the disease type, the market has classified into diabetic, idiopathic, post-surgical gastroparesis, and others.
- On the basis of the drug class, the market has been segregated into prokinetic agents, antiemetic agents, and botulinum toxin injections.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, pharmacies, and online stores.
- On a regional basis, the market has beenbifurcated into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Abbvie Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Bausch Health Companies Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Boston Scientific Corporation, Evoke Pharma, Medtronic plc, Neurogastrx Inc., Sanofi S.A., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and Theravance Biopharma.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800