According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Geographic Information System (GIS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global geographic information system (GIS) market size reached US$ 10.1 Billion in 2021. A geographic information system (GIS) refers to a framework that assists in gathering, storing, managing and displaying data related to the various positions on the Earth’s surface. It involves the usage of numerous data formats, such as digital, cryptographic and photographic data, to provide users with topographical information and relationships. These systems also organize different layers of information into visualizations using maps and 3D scenes to help individuals in making smarter decisions. Additionally, they provide additional insights into data, including patterns, relationships and situations, that further assist in routing in-car navigation, analyzing spatial information, pinpointing new store locations, reporting power outages, and forecasting the weather.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Geographic Information System (GIS) Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing integration of geospatial technology with mainstream technologies for business intelligence. This assists in offering improved insights into spatial patterns and relationships at reduced costs, thereby providing a thrust to the market growth. This is further supported by the continual developments in geo-analytics and integrated location-based data services. Apart from this, GIS finds extensive applications across the military and defense sector as it is widely employed as a key component in location intelligence, spy satellites and logistics management. The market is also driven by the rising integration of GIS solutions with cloud and Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) technologies for improved accuracy, which is anticipated to gain widespread prominence among the end users. Several players are also investing in the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) with GIS to extract information from spatial big data. This has enabled various governments to develop smart cities by planning the infrastructure and tracking certain changes over a period of time. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the widespread adoption of GIS in the agriculture sector for precision farming and the increasing penetration of the internet of things (IoT) platforms in business operations. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 13.1% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of the function, the market has been segregated into mapping, surveying, telematics and navigation, and location-based services.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the device into desktop and mobile.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been divided into agriculture, utilities, mining, construction, transportation, oil and gas, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Autodesk, Inc., Bentley Systems Incorporated, Caliper Corporation (PSI Services LLC), Computer Aided Development Corporation Limited (Cadcorp), Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc., General Electric Company, Geosoft Inc. (Seequent Ltd.), Hexagon AB, Maxar Technologies Inc., SuperMap Software Co. Ltd., Topcon Corporation and Trimble Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800