According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Geographic Information System (GIS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global geographic information system (GIS) market size reached US$ 6.8 Billion in 2019. A geographic information system (GIS) is a framework that helps capture, store, check and display data related to positions on the Earth’s surface. It integrates various types of data, analyzes spatial locations and organizes different layers of information into visualizations using maps and 3D scenes. It reveals more profound insights into data, such as patterns, relationships and situations, thereby assisting users in making smarter decisions. It also aids in reporting power outages, analyzing crime patterns, routing in-car navigation, pinpointing new store locations, and forecasting and predicting the weather.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Geographic Information System (GIS) Market Trends:
Rapid urbanization, development of smart cities and integration of geospatial technology with mainstream technologies for business intelligence are among the key factors strengthening the growth of the market. Besides this, advancements in GIS technology, such as geo-analytics and integrated location-based data services, are also positively influencing the adoption of these systems. Moreover, key players are focusing on improving their products by integrating LiDAR and cloud technology into GIS solutions. Furthermore, the rising need to integrate conventional data with the spatial data for obtaining valuable insights from location-based information is offering new growth opportunities to market players. The penetration of IoT platforms in business operations has also fueled the generation of real-time location data to provide highly relevant and location-specific service to customers. On account of these factors, the market is projected to experience strong growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of the function, the market has been segregated into mapping, surveying, telematics and navigation, and location-based services.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the device into desktop and mobile.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been divided into agriculture, utilities, mining, construction, transportation, oil and gas, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Autodesk, Inc., Bentley Systems, Incorporated, PSI Services LLC, Computer Aided Development Corporation Ltd., Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc., General Electric Company, Seequent Ltd., Hexagon AB, Maxar Technologies Inc., SuperMap Software Co. Ltd., Topcon Corporation and Trimble Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800