According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Geosynthetics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global geosynthetics market size reached US$ 14.3 Billion in 2019. Geosynthetics are planar, polymeric materials that can be derived from natural or synthetic sources. They are commonly manufactured using a variety of polymer resins, including polyester, polyethylene and polypropylene. The selection of the resin, along with the process used for joining the molecules together, attributes different characteristics to the end product. They can easily retain their natural properties, even when exposed to harsh environmental conditions. As a result, these products are widely replacing conventional raw materials used in construction activities. They form an essential component in numerous application segments, such as drainage, landfills, filtration, erosion control and civil construction projects.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Geosynthetics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the significant growth in the construction sector on the global level. Geosynthetics are widely used in the industry to promote the longevity and safety of the constructed structures by controlling evaporation, limiting erosion and strengthening infrastructure. Inflating per capita income levels and increasing consumer expenditure capacities have led to a considerable increase in building activities, thereby providing a thrust to the market growth. In addition to this, the increasing private and public investments for infrastructural development, especially in developing economies, is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, geosynthetics are also utilized in the transportation sector as they offer strength and stability to the underlying soil in railway and roadway tracks. They are also used in the waste management application to facilitate safe dumping of residential, industrial and hazardous wastes. Furthermore, they form an essential component of wastewater treatment plants due to the excellent chemical resistance offered by these materials. The market is further driven by the growing adoption of these materials across various sectors to minimize carbon emissions, along with the enhanced focus on sustainable development. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into geotextiles, geomembranes, geogrids, geonets, geosynthetic clay liner (GCL), pre-fabricated vertical drains (PVD) and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into woven, non-woven, knitted and others.
- On the material, the market has been categorized into polypropylene, polyester, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, synthetic rubber and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into road construction and pavement repair, railroads, drainage systems, soil reinforcement and erosion, water and waste management, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the market with some of the key players being Fiberweb Geosynthetics Ltd, Geo-Synthetics, LLC, AGRU America Inc., Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation, Belton Industries, Inc., Polymer Group Ltd, HUESKER Inc., Carthage Mills, Inc., Thrace Group, LEGGETT & PLATT INCORPORATED, TENAX SPA, Groupe Solmax Inc., Swicofil AG, Owens Corning, and Low & Bonar Group.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800