According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Glioblastoma Multiforme Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global glioblastoma multiforme treatment market reached a value of US$ 1.8 Billion in 2021. Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is a grade IV glioma brain tumor, which is often considered the most lethal form of brain cancer. It arises from star-shaped glial cells that support the health of the nerve cells in the brain. This form of cancer is characterized by rapid growth and invasion, aided by cell migration and degradation of the extracellular matrix. Since GBM is largely treatment-resistant in nature and the treatment methods are unlikely to result in an extended remission of the GBM tumors, the overall mortality rates of patients remain high with short post-diagnosis survival period. However, the contemporary treatment methods, such as surgery, radiation and chemotherapy, are largely palliative, which aids in prolonging the lives of the patients while improving the quality of their lives.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Glioblastoma Multiforme Treatment Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by a significant increase in the geriatric population, who are the most prone to chronic ailments. Moreover, sedentary lifestyle habits and increasing alcohol consumption, especially among the majority of the urban population, have contributed to the increasing prevalence of various types of cancers. Continuous advancements made in the fields of molecular biology and gene technology to develop efficient treatment options have led to a better understanding of the gene mutations and molecular mechanisms, in confluence with clinical trials. These promising and tailored therapeutic approaches are anticipated to provide a further thrust to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been divided into temozolomide, bevacizumab, carmustine, radiosensitizers and others.
- Based on the route of administration, the market has been bifurcated into oral and parenteral.
- On the basis of the type of molecule, the market has been segregated into small molecules and biologics.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospitals, pharmacies and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been studied with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Celldex Therapeutics, Inc., Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Exelixis, Inc., Angiochem Inc., and Arbor Pharmaceuticals Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal