According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Glufosinate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global glufosinate market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Also known as ammonium salt, glufosinate is a nonselective foliar herbicide utilized during the early development stage of plants. It inhibits glutamine synthetase that disrupts the cell membranes and controls the growth of weeds on agricultural crops. It also protects glufosinate-resistant crops from several plant diseases.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Glufosinate Market Trends:
Due to the continuously growing global population and the rising shortage of food around the world, there is an increase in the demand for genetically modified crops. This represents one of the key factors positively influencing the market. Apart from this, as glufosinate is relatively safer and affordable, it is widely used as an alternative to glyphosate and paraquat worldwide. Furthermore, due to the growing environmental concerns, there is an increase in the adoption of sustainable farming methods. This, coupled with a significant increase in the incidences of fungal infection, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, government bodies of various countries are introducing reforms to help farmers manage pest outbreaks, get quality seeds, and access adequate credit to invest in production, which is creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to expand at a CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the crop type, the market has been divided into cereals and grains, oilseeds and pulses, fruits and vegetables, and others. At present, oilseeds and pulses hold the biggest market share.
- On the basis of the formulation type, the market has been segmented into aqueous suspension, liquid, suspension concentrate, soluble (liquid) concentrate, and others. Presently, soluble (liquid) concentrate accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into herbicides, fungicides, desiccant, defoliant, and others. Herbicide currently dominates the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being BASF SE, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Limin Chemical Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Sevencontinent Green Chemical Company Limited, Lier Chemical Co., Ltd., Nufarm Ltd., Sino Harvest Limited, UPL Limited India, and YongNong BioSciences Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800