According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Gluten-Free Oats Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global gluten-free oats market reached a value of US$ 287.6 Million in 2022. Oats are whole-grain cereals that are primarily grown in temperate areas. Since they can be easily contaminated with gluten by other gluten-containing crops in facilities during processing, dedicated facilities are utilized to ensure the production and processing of gluten-free oats. They are suitable for consumption by consumers suffering from celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Oats are rich in protein, dietary fiber, iron, vitamins, essential fatty acids, and carbohydrates. They contain beta-glucan, a lipid-lowering agent and lignan that aids in lowering blood sugar levels, increasing satiety, and minimizing the risk of hormone-related cancers. Besides this, gluten-free oats are being extensively employed in the manufacturing of skincare products and as a key ingredient in various baked goods and animal feed.
Global Gluten-Free Oats Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the gluten-free oats market is the increasing prevalence of celiac disease across the globe. In line with this, the increasing consumer awareness regarding the high nutritional value of gluten-free oats and the health benefits associated with it are further prompting them to voluntarily adopt a gluten-free diet. Additionally, the rising demand for convenience food amongst the working population is further fueling the global production of ready-to-eat, convenient, and healthy food choices, such as gluten-free oats, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, in response to the growing demand, manufacturers are focusing on bringing new product variants by incorporating gluten-free oats in the preparation of various snacks, such as granola bars, muesli, and oatmeal. This, along with the introduction of innovative flavors of oat-based products are further creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach US$ 586.2 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 12.8% during 2022-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into rolled, steal cut, oat bran, oat flour, and others. Currently, rolled oats represent the most popular product type.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into breakfast cereals, bakery, snacks, and others. Amongst these, breakfast cereals, represent the largest application.
- On the basis of end-use, the market has been bifurcated into HORECA and retail. Out of these, retail represents the largest end use.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online and others. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the most popular distribution channel.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico), and Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Quaker Oats Company, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Kinnusen Mylly Oy, Glebe Farm Food Limited, and Avena Foods.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal