The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Gluten-Free Oats Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” finds that the global gluten-free oats market size reached US$ 178.7 Million in 2019. Oats, also known as Avena sativa, are a type of cereal grains mostly consumed in the form of oatmeal or rolled oats. Although they are naturally gluten-free, oats can get contaminated with gluten when grown near fields of wheat or other gluten-containing crops or processed in the same facilities. They are a rich source of essential minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber due to which they have emerged as a popular health food. They are widely used in breakfast cereals and baked goods such as cakes, cookies, and bread.
Global Gluten-Free Oats Market Trends:
Gluten is a mixture of two proteins that are found in wheat, rye and barley and in products that are derived from these grains. It causes digestive issues in people with gluten intolerance due to its unique amino acid structure that affects the digestive enzymes in the gut. Additionally, the demand for gluten-free products has increased owing to a rise in the instances of the celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that damages the small intestines and minimizes its ability to absorb nutrients. Apart from this, health-conscious consumers are shifting toward gluten-free oats as they help in improving satiety, diet quality and digestive, cardiovascular, and metabolic health. As a result of the growing demand, the leading companies are focusing on introducing new variants of gluten-free oats like non-GMO and organic variants and creating a diverse product range, including oat-based beverages. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 486.0 Million by 2025, exhibiting a CAGR of around 17% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the report finds that rolled oats are the most popular type. Other major segments include steel cut oats, oat bran and oat flour.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into bakery, breakfast cereals, snacks and others. Amongst these, bakery represents the largest application segment, accounting for the majority of the overall market share.
- The market has been bifurcated based on the end use into HORECA and retail. At present, the retail sector dominates the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the majority of gluten-free oats are distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets. Other major channels of distribution are convenience stores, online and others.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major markets include Asia Pacific (Australia, China, India, Japan and others), Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain and others), Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and others), and Latin America (Brazil and Mexico).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Quaker Oats Company, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Inc., Kinnusen Mylly Oy, Glebe Farm Food Limited and Avena Foods Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331