According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Gluten-Free Oats Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global gluten-free oats market size reached US$ 287.6 Million in 2022. Oats, also known as avena sativa, refer to a type of cereal grain primarily consumed in oatmeal or rolled oats form. While they are naturally gluten-free, oats sometimes get contaminated with gluten when grown near wheat fields or other gluten-containing crops, such as rye and barley, or processed in the same facility. They are rich in various essential minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber that are beneficial for human health. Gluten-free oats are extremely suitable for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that damages the intestines and reduces their capacity to absorb nutrients. Currently, oats are available in oat bran, oat groats, steel-cut, rolled, instant, oat flour, and whole oats types. They are extensively consumed as breakfast cereals and as key ingredients in baked goods, such as cakes, cookies, and bread.
Global Gluten-Free Oats Market Trends:
The gluten-free oats market is primarily driven by the widespread prevalence of gluten allergy and intolerance among consumers. Concurrent with this, expanding predominance of celiac disease is fuelling the demand for gluten-free oats across the globe. Moreover, increasing consumer preference for gluten-free oats as a result of escalating awareness about its health benefits, including enhancing satiety, diet, digestion, and cardiovascular and metabolic health, is creating a positive outlook for the market. In addition to this, the introduction of non-genetically modified organisms (GMOs), organic, and flavored variants of gluten-free oats and the launch of various innovative products, such as oat-based beverages, by leading manufacturing companies are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Furthermore, a large number of the population is shifting towards gluten-free diets as a part of healthy lifestyle choices and increasingly incorporating gluten-free oats in breakfast cereals, bakery, and snack items, which, in turn, is strengthening the market growth. Besides this, the increasing demand for read-to-go products among the working populace and the rising inclination of consumers toward gluten-free oats to reduce weight due to their low calorific content and glycemic index are propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 586.2 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 12.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market is segregated into rolled oats, steel-cut oats, oat bran, oat flour, and others. Among these, rolled oats are the most popular product type.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into bakery, breakfast cereals, snacks, and others. Out of these, breakfast cereals hold the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been divided into HORECA and retail. Amongst these, retail represents the largest end use.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online, and others. Out of these, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest market segment.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, and others), Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, India, Japan, and others), Latin America (Brazil, and Mexico), and Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, and Others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Quaker Oats Company, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Kinnusen Mylly Oy, Glebe Farm Food Limited and Avena Foods.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Million, Kilo Tons
||Product Type, Application, End-Use, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Iran, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt
||Quaker Oats Company, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Kinnusen Mylly Oy, Glebe Farm Food Limited and Avena Foods
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800