The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Gold Nanoparticles Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global gold nanoparticles market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2021. Gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) refer to small gold particles with a diameter of 1 to 100 nanometers. They are manufactured in the form of nanoshells, nanospheres, nanocubes, nanocages, nanorods, and nanoclusters. They possess excellent electron conductivity, stability, and solubility. They are widely used as optical imaging probes for detecting biomarkers of various diseases and in imaging procedures, such as positron emission tomography (PET), computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound scans. They are also utilized in electronics, photodynamic therapy, therapeutic agent delivery, sensors, probes, diagnostics, and as catalysts in various chemical reactions. Besides this, gold nanoparticles find extensive applications in targeted drug administration and as agents in biomolecule delivery.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Gold Nanoparticles Market Trends:
The increasing product applications across various industries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, gold nanoparticles are extensively used in the medical industry, especially the dental sector, for various purposes, such as target imaging for cancer therapy and dental filling. Moreover, the emerging targeted drug delivery applications of gold nanoparticles to deliver multiple drug molecules, vaccines, recombinant proteins, or nucleotides into their targets have accelerated the product adoption rate. Additionally, in the food and beverage industry, there has been widespread adoption of colorimetric sensors that are manufactured using gold nanoparticles and help detect the freshness and safety of food items. In line with this, the growing product usage in the electronics sector to manufacture thin-film transistors, photo-sensors, and inks used in storage devices, hard disks, and microchips has augmented the demand for gold nanoparticles. Furthermore, due to their large surface area and bio-inertness, the surging product adoption in biomedical and biotechnological sciences has propelled the market growth. Apart from this, recent technological innovations, such as the introduction of injectable plant plastids to improve biosynthesis, are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the rising trend of electronics miniaturization, escalating demand for nanotechnological medical products, ongoing research and development (R&D) in gold nanotechnology, and advancements in nanomedicines, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8.9 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 12.2% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into water soluble, oil soluble, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into imaging, targeted drug delivery, sensors, in vitro diagnostics, probes, catalysis, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the end use industry into electronics, healthcare, chemicals, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Spain, Russia, Italy, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies, Inc., BBI Solutions OEM Limited, Cline Scientific AB, Cytodiagnostics Inc., Expedeon (Abcam plc), Goldsol, Meliorum Technologies, Inc., Merck Group, Metalor Technologies International, Nanocomposix Inc., NanoHybrids Inc., Nanopartz, Sigma-Aldrich (Merck KGaA), Solaris Nanosciences Corporation, and Tanaka Kikinzoku.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800