The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Green Roof Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global green roof market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2021. A green roof, also known as a living roof, is a roof of a building that is partially or wholly covered with vegetation and a growing medium planted over a waterproofing membrane. It comprises a high-quality waterproofing, root repellant system, drainage system, filter cloth, lightweight growing medium, and plants. It is built to absorb rainwater, create a habitat for wildlife, provide insulation, decrease the stress of people around the roof by providing a more aesthetically pleasing landscape, lower urban air temperatures, and mitigate the heat island effect. Owing to these properties, green roofs are widely adopted in sustainable construction projects around the world.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Green Roof Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by rising pollution levels due to rapid urbanization across the globe. In addition, the increasing construction of new buildings and renovation of existing buildings in the residential sector due to the growing population and improving living standards of individuals represent another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, as green roofs also provide sustainable and resilient food-growing sites, they are gaining immense popularity for food production. This, coupled with the rising awareness regarding the benefits of green roofs, such as reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from fossil fuel combustion and improving the efficiency of mechanical equipment, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to introduce cost-effective green roofs are also propelling the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.4% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into extensive and intensive.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into online and offline channels.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into residential, commercial, and industrial.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being American Hydrotech Inc. (Sika AG), ArchiGreen Roof Ltd, Axter Limited, Barrett Company, Bauder Ltd, Columbia Green Technologies, Green Roof Blocks, Optigrün international AG, Sempergreen B.V., XeroFlor North America and ZinCo GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800