The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Green Tea Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global green tea market size reached a value of US$ 14.04 Billion in 2021. Green tea is a type of tea made from the leaves of the plant Camellia Sinensis. It is prepared by pan-frying and steaming the leaf buds and leaves, which are then dried and brewed for consumption. A brewed green tea is usually green, yellow, or light brown in colors and is available in a variety of flavors such as grass, toasted, vegetal, steamed, and sweet. In countries, including China and India, green tea was consumed to aid digestion, regulate body temperature, improve heart and mental health, as well as control bleeding and heal wounds. However, it is also known to reduce the risk of depression and various types of cancer such as lung, liver, colon, and gastric cancer. Green tea is proven to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body and enhance the thinking skills of individuals. As a result, green tea is becoming one of the most preferred beverages across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Green Tea Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing awareness regarding the health benefits associated with the consumption of green tea. In addition, the rising preference for leading an active lifestyle is also providing an impetus to market growth. Besides this, the growing expenditure on weight management products, along with the increasing instances of lifestyle diseases such as chronic heart diseases and cancer, are propelling the demand for green tea. Nowadays, the significant growth of the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries is also fueling market growth. Green tea is widely used as a raw material in producing beverages, dietary supplements, dental care, and cosmetic products. Furthermore, manufacturers are introducing new green tea flavors like aloe vera, lemon, vanilla, cinnamon, wild berry, and jasmine, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 21.37 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.36% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into green tea bags, green tea instant mixes, iced green tea, loose leaf, capsules, and others.
- On the basis of the flavor, the market has been classified into lemon, aloe vera, cinnamon, vanilla, wild berry, jasmine, basil, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online stores and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AMORE Pacific Corp, Arizona Beverage Company, Associated British Foods LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Tata Consumer Products Limited, Unilever PLC, Cape Natural Tea Products, The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Finlays Beverages Limited, Frontier Natural Products Co-Op., Hambleden Herbs, Hankook Tea, Honest Tea, Inc., ITO EN, Kirin Beverage Corporation, Metropolitan Tea Company, Northern Tea Merchants Limited, Numi Organic Tea, Oishi Group Plc., Oregon Chai Inc., and East West Tea Company, LLC (Yogi Products).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal