According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Greenhouse Horticulture Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global greenhouse horticulture market size reached US$ 25.83 Billion in 2021. Greenhouse horticulture refers to an agricultural system that assists in the production of crops within a transparent structure to offer a customized growth environment to the plants.The usage of a greenhouse assists in regulating numerous environmental parameters, such as temperature, light, humidity, and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.It also involves the need for high inputs of the growers to provide modified growing conditions and protect plants from pests, diseases and adverse weatherconditions in an efficient manner.Some of the crops that are widely grown in greenhouses include tomato, cucumber, strawberry and lettuce.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Greenhouse Horticulture Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by considerable growth in the agricultural sector. The growing preferences for shifting farming practices and an enhanced focus on sustainable horticulture practicesis providing an impetus to the market growth. The market is further driven by the launch of the Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled lighting systems across the globe. Since light plays a pertinent role in the improved yield of crops, this is providing a boost to the demand for greenhouse horticulture. They are also being equipped with machine learning (ML)solutions that assist in collecting required data in an organized manner. Moreover, the widespread integration of robotic scouting systems and protected crop cultivation solutions with these agricultural practices is creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the increasing demand for artificial intelligence (AI)-based solutions, the rising implementation of favorable government policies to promote the adoption of greenhouse horticulture and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to enhance the yield of the crops. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.6% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been bifurcated into glass and plastic.
- Based on the crop type, the market has been classified into fruits and vegetables, flowers and ornamentals, nursery crops, and others.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been categorized into heating systems, cooling systems, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agra Tech Inc., Argus Control System Ltd., Certhon, Dalsem, Industries Harnois Inc., Heliospectra AB, Hort Americas, Keder Greenhouse, Logiqs BV, Lumigrow, Netafim Ltd. (Orbia), Priva Holding BV, Richel Group, Ridder Holding Harderwijk BV, Rough Brothers Inc., Top Greenhouses Ltd. and Van der Hoeven Horticultural Projects BV.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800