The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Grow Light Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global grow light market size reached US$ 4.0 Billion in 2022. A grow light, or plant light, refers to an artificial source of light that is used to stimulate plant growth. It makes use of fluorescent, incandescent, and high-intensity discharge lamps that emit light suitable for performing photosynthesis. Grow lights promote plant growth as they supplement sunlight, color, and temperature to the plants and can also be customized according to specific needs such as flowering inhibition, anthocyanin accumulation, and enhanced rooting. As a result, grow lights find application in indoor farming, landscaping, as well as research and commercial greenhouses.
Global Grow Light Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rapid growth of the agriculture sector. Besides this, the rising adoption of vertical and indoor farming practices is also contributing to the market growth as grow lights decrease the risk of damage caused by pests and insects and reduce the use of harmful pesticides. Grow lights also provide enhanced energy efficiency, versatility, color quality and increased cost competitiveness as compared to conventional lighting technologies. In addition to this, governing authorities are supporting the trend of indoor farming due to the rising awareness regarding their environmental benefits. As a result, there has been an increased demand for grow lights across the globe. Furthermore, the increasing demand for food due to the limited availability of arable land and the rising shift from traditional farming practices toward commercial greenhouse cultivation are also significantly impacting the market growth. Moreover, the development of smart grow lights integrated with the Internet of Things (IoT) is anticipated to create a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 7.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.28% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on technology, the market has been segmented into HID, LED, fluorescent, and others.
- On the basis of the installation type, the market has been classified into new and retrofit installations.
- The market has been categorized based on the spectrum into full- and partial spectrum.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into indoor farming, vertical farming, commercial greenhouse, turf and landscaping, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being ams-OSRAM AG, California LightWorks, Epistar (Ennostar Inc.), Everlight Electronics, Gavita International B.V., Heliospectra AB, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Mars Hydro, Savant Technologies LLC and Shenzhen Juson Technology Co. Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Technology, Installation Type, Spectrum, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
||ams-OSRAM AG, California LightWorks, Epistar (Ennostar Inc.), Everlight Electronics, Gavita International B.V., Heliospectra AB, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Mars Hydro, Savant Technologies LLC and Shenzhen Juson Technology Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800