According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “H1N1 Vaccines Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global H1N1 vaccines market reached a value of US$ 3.6 Billion in 2022. H1N1 influenza is an extremely infectious respiratory disease caused by influenza viruses commonly found in pigs. It is transmitted through the saliva of the infected person that gets expelled into the air while coughing or sneezing. The symptoms may include high fever, persistent cough, reduced appetite, nasal secretions, body ache, red-watery eyes and headaches. Over the past few years, the flu has resulted in several deaths across the globe. As a result, H1N1 vaccination is being widely adopted as a preventive measure that aids the body to fight against the disease. The vaccine contains a small dose of the virus that is injected in the body and builds immunity against the same.
H1N1 Vaccines Market Trends:
The increasing number of H1N1 flu cases and deteriorating immunity of the majority of the population have bolstered the sales of H1N1 vaccines worldwide. This can be accredited to sedentary lifestyles, hectic schedules and decreasing intake of healthy food items, especially among the working population. Moreover, significant growth in the geriatric population also acts as a major growth-inducing factor. Since the geriatric population is more likely to develop respiratory tract diseases and immunodeficiency disorders, the risk of acquiring H1N1 flu infection is higher for this population group. Apart from this, initiatives taken by several national and international organizations worldwide are also positively impacting the growth of the market. For instance, the World Health Organization (WHO) is constantly investing in the development of competent vaccines and their effective distribution. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 5.11% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of vaccine type, the market has been divided into intramuscular, intranasal and intradermal. Amongst these, intramuscular represents the most preferred vaccine type.
- On the basis of the market type, the market has been bifurcated into public and private segments. At present, the public segment accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the key brand, the market has been categorized into agripal, fiuarix, influgen, influvac, nasovac, vaxigrip and others.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca plc, CPL Biologicals Pvt. Ltd, CSL Limited and Zoetis Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal