According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Hand Sanitizer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global hand sanitizer market size reached US$ 5.3 Billion in 2022. Hand sanitizer refers to a gel, foam, or liquid antiseptic formulation that is applied to disinfect hands. It contains isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, and other ingredients like thickening agents and fragrances. It may also include humectants that preserve the natural oil on the skin and maintain the moisture. The application of hand sanitizer helps in killing disease-causing germs and viruses, thereby preventing their transmission and averting diseases. They have gained traction in recent years as they are convenient to use and time-efficient than washing hands with soap. Nowadays, hand sanitizers are available in user-friendly packaging formats like pocket-size squeeze bottles, tubes, sprays, and pumps.
Global Hand Sanitizer Market Trends:
One of the major growth-inducing factors for the market is the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at the beginning of 2020 across the globe. Due to their convenience and effectiveness, the sales of hand sanitizers witnessed a sudden surge. Moreover, several workplaces, markets, schools, healthcare clinics and hospitals increased the usage of sanitizers to improve overall hygiene. This led to the shortage of hand sanitizers in most countries, thereby creating pressure on the manufacturers. As a result, several governments implemented favorable initiatives to meet the supply-demand gap. For instance, the Government of India fixed the prices of sanitizes and confirmed its equitable distribution. Furthermore, several manufacturers are introducing touchless and smart dispensers and focusing on the production of natural and environment-friendly product variants, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 3.3 Billion by 2028.
- Based on the product form, the market has been segregated into gel, liquid, spray, foam, and others.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into alcohol-based and non-alcohol-based sanitizers.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into B2B (hospitals and other institutions) and retail (hypermarkets/supermarkets, pharmacy stores, online stores, departmental stores, and others).
- On the basis of the end use, the report cover hospitals, households, manufacturing, hospitality, restaurants, government/utilities (except educational institutes), schools and educational institutes, enterprise and commercial facilities, recreational and entertainment centers, agriculture and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, The Himalaya Drug Company, The Procter & Gamble Company, Henkel AG & Company, Unilever PLC, Vi-Jon Laboratories Inc., Gojo Industries, Inc., Sanofi S.A., Kutol Products Company, Inc., and The 3M Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Form, Product Type, Distribution Channel, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, The Himalaya Drug Company, The Procter & Gamble Company, Henkel AG & Company, Unilever PLC, Vi-Jon Laboratories Inc., Gojo Industries, Inc., Sanofi S.A., Kutol Products Company, Inc., and The 3M Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal