According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Haptic Technology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global haptic technology market grew at a CAGR of around 12% during 2014-2019. Haptic technology refers to the virtual and mixed reality solutions that engage sight, sound, and touch to provide multi-modal experience to users. It acts as an interface between the user and connected devices, such as tablets and smartphones, by using sensors to measure the physical feedback and pressure sensitivity. It is widely used in joysticks, controllers and steering wheels for enhancing the overall user experience in video games. Apart from this, it is also used for controlling surgical equipment and wearable devices and improving the efficiency of remote-controlled machines and telerobots.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Haptic Technology Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing uptake of consumer electronic devices across the globe, along with the escalating sales of touch-enabled home appliances. Haptic technology is widely utilized in most of these electronics due to its ability to provide tactile feedback to users. Its use also offers enhanced sound, touch and visual effects that result in improved operational efficiencies. Apart from this, this technology is also extensively adopted for numerous gaming applications and augmented reality (AR)-enabled devices. Several hardware devices, including joystick and controllers, are equipped with haptics to enable convenient manipulation of virtual avatars when integrated with virtual reality (VR). This, along with the rising need for immersive gaming experiences and the increasing penetration of high-speed internet on the global level, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, these solutions are now extensively integrated with 3D-touchscreen displays in medical electronics and automobiles. There has also been an increase in the adoption of haptics in robotics and certain devices designed for visually-impaired individuals, which, in turn, is acting as another major growth inducing factor. The widespread utilization of the internet of things (IoT) across industries and the growing integration of adaptive triggers with haptics are some of the other factors driving the market further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been divided into actuators, drivers and controllers, software, and others.
- Based on the feedback, the market has been bifurcated into tactile and force.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into captive, resistive and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into automotive and transportation, consumer electronics, education and research, gaming, healthcare, engineering and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the market with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3D Systems Corporation, Haption SA, Immersion Corporation, Johnson Electric Holdings Limited, Microchip Technology Inc., Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, Precision Microdrives Limited, O-Film Global (HK) Trading Limited, SMK Corp., Synaptics Incorporated, Tactus Technology, Inc., Texas Instruments Incorporated and Ultraleap Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800