According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Hard Seltzer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global hard seltzer market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Hard seltzer is a carbonated alcoholic beverage that is often available in fruit flavorings, such as lemon, lime, strawberry, tangerine and watermelon. It has a similar taste to beer and consists of low alcohol by volume (ABV) content. It ferments with brewed cane sugar or malted rice, along with soda water and varied flavorings. It comprises lower amounts of calories and carbohydrates as compared to other alcoholic beverages. Since it is considered to be a healthier alternative to beer, rum and whiskey, it is gaining widespread prominence among health-conscious consumers.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hard Seltzer Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising preference for gluten-free alcohol with low-calorie content among the masses. An increase in the number of individuals suffering from celiac, inflammatory and auto-immune diseases has contributed to the uptake of hard seltzer across the globe. Along with this, there has also been a growing preference for alcoholic beverages with low ABV content, especially among young adults. Moreover, the rising popularity of innovative hard seltzer flavors, including black cherry, grapefruit and passionfruit flavors, on the global level is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Numerous players are also investing in the development of improved fermenting processes to enhance the overall taste and quality of the beverage. The market is further driven by the increasing prominence of hard seltzers prepared with natural and organic ingredients, without the usage of artificial flavorings and preservatives. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include rapid urbanization, inflating per capita income levels of the masses, the rising consumption rate of alcoholic drinks, the emergence of alcohol home delivery services and the introduction of hard seltzers with portable and recyclable packaging. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 11% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the ABV content, the market has been divided into 1% to 4.9%, 5% to 6.9% and 7% and above.
- Based on the packaging material, the market has been classified into cans, glass and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores, and others.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been segmented into sparkling water, carbonated water, alcohol, fruit flavours, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Anheuser-Busch InBev, Barefoot Cellars (E. & J. Gallo Winery), Blue Marble Cocktails Inc., Ficks & Co, Future Proof Brands LLC, Hard Seltzer Beverage Company LLC (The Boston Beer Company Inc), Lift Bridge Brewing Co., Oskar Blues Brewery, and White Claw Hard Seltzer.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal