According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Healthcare Furniture Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global healthcare furniture market size reached US$ 6.8 Billion in 2021. Healthcare furniture, a key component of health management and infrastructure, includes various products, such as hospital beds, examination and bedside tables, recliners, recovery couches and cabinets. They are widely used across clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare facilities and research institutes. Well-designed furniture aids in improving the mood of the patient, which directly influences their health and speeds up their recovery process. These pieces of furniture also enhance the productivity of the doctors and staff members while reducing work-related stress, monotony and risk of errors. Healthcare furniture helps in creating a conducive, comforting and reassuring ambiance that assists in motivating the staff to provide more attentive care, thus creating a positive experience for the patient and family members.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Healthcare Furniture Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic disorders across the globe. This can be attributed to the confluence of various factors, including hectic lifestyle, shifting dietary patterns and the rising demand for convenience food. Furthermore, there is an increasing requirement for the establishment of numerous specialty clinics, private healthcare facilities and hospitals with excellent infrastructure, including comfortable and high-quality healthcare furniture. This is owing to the ever-increasing number of physically challenged individuals and geriatric patients with fatal diseases who require high-quality healthcare facilities for a prolonged period. Governments of various countries are also investing in the healthcare sector to improve and modernize the existing infrastructure, which is providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, continuous technological developments, such as the introduction of motorized stretcher chairs, along with rapid urbanization, inflating disposable income levels and increasing per capita healthcare expenditure of various nations, are also projected to influence the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 9.4 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.62% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis the furniture type, the market has been divided into beds, chairs, bedsides and operating tables, and others, wherein beds exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the sector, the market has been bifurcated into public and private, wherein the private sector dominates the market share.
- On the basis of the application, hospitals and clinics represent the largest application segment. Some of the other segments include diagnostic centres, ambulatory surgical centres (ASCs), homecare settings and others.
- Based on the material, the market is classified into wood, metal, plastic and others. At present, wood is the most preferred material.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, direct sales account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal