According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market Report by Type (Payers HCIT Outsourcing, Providers HCIT Outsourcing), End User (Healthcare Provider System, Biopharmaceutical Industry, Clinical Research Organization, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global healthcare IT outsourcing market size reached US$ 46.0 Billion in 2022. Healthcare information technology (IT) outsourcing refers to healthcare organizations contracting third-party vendors to manage, develop, or implement various IT functions. It allows healthcare providers to focus on their core responsibilities, like patient care, while experts handle the technological aspects. Healthcare IT outsourcing provides cost-effectiveness as organizations can save on capital expenditure, infrastructure, and maintenance costs. Moreover, it offers access to specialized skills that might be too expensive or time-consuming to develop in-house. It helps speedy adoption of new technologies and ensures the systems are secure, efficient, and compliant with regulatory standards. Outsourcing partners provide services, such as electronic health record (EHR) management, cybersecurity measures, data analytics, and telemedicine solutions that help organizations make data-informed decisions for better patient outcomes. Healthcare IT outsourcing is a strategic approach to improve service delivery, reduce operational costs, and allow healthcare professionals to concentrate on medical practices rather than technical complexities.
Global Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market Trends:
The increasing adoption of outsourcing IT services as it allows healthcare organizations to reduce operational and maintenance costs and achieve cost savings without compromising the quality of care is one of the major factors contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the growing need in healthcare facilities to concentrate on their primary objective of providing quality patient care, leaving the complex and time-consuming IT tasks to specialized vendors, is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing utilization of outsourcing IT services, as they provide immediate access to experts in the field that are otherwise expensive to recruit and train, is providing an impetus to the market growth. In addition to this, the rapid evolution of technologies like big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and telemedicine necessitating specialized expertise offered by outsourcing services is also favoring the market growth. Along with this, the rising patient expectations for streamlined services and data accessibility rise, leading to healthcare organizations' adoption of IT outsourcing, is anticipated to drive the market growth. Furthermore, the growing globalization compelling healthcare companies that operate on a global scale to hire outsourcing services for managing IT operations through a centralized outsourcing partner, reducing inconsistencies and inefficiencies, is positively impacting the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 76.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.7% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into payers HCIT outsourcing (hospital information system (HIS), laboratory information system (LIS), radiology information system (RIS), electronic medical records (EMR), and others) and providers HCIT outsourcing (revenue cycle management (RCM) system and healthcare analytics). According to the report, payers HCIT outsourcing represent the largest segment.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into healthcare provider system, biopharmaceutical industry, clinical research organization, and others. Among these, the healthcare provider system represents the largest segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America accounts for the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Accenture plc, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc, Dell Technologies Inc., Infosys Limited, International Business Machines, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Optum Inc. (UnitedHealth Group Incorporated), Siemens Healthineers AG, Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Payers HCIT Outsourcing: Hospital Information System (HIS), Laboratory Information System (LIS), Radiology Information System (RIS), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Others
- Providers HCIT Outsourcing: Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) System, Healthcare Analytics
|End Users Covered
||Healthcare Provider System, Biopharmaceutical Industry, Clinical Research Organization, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Accenture plc, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc, Dell Technologies Inc., Infosys Limited, International Business Machines, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Optum Inc. (UnitedHealth Group Incorporated), Siemens Healthineers AG, Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800