According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Healthcare Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global healthcare packaging market reached a value of US$ 136.6 Billion in 2022. Healthcare packaging generally involves the utilization of various forms of durable and flexible packaging solutions for protecting healthcare products. It includes safeguarding the medical products from contaminants, ultraviolet rays (UV), temperature, moisture and fluctuations. It is a necessary step to follow in order to preserve their integrity after sterilization. Due to the growing demand for medical drugs and devices among healthcare professionals, this is providing a boost to the demand for high-quality healthcare packaging solutions across the globe.
Global Healthcare Packaging Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the healthcare industry. Coupled with the rising investments by private and public agencies to upgrade the existing healthcare infrastructure, this is creating a positive market outlook. Along with this, the advent of new medical drugs and vaccines in the market and continual advancements in healthcare technologies are acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the development of stringent rules and regulations by the government of several countries in order to prevent tampering during transportation while maintaining the quality of medical products is providing a boost to the product demand. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of smart and eco-friendly packaging solutions due to an enhanced focus on sustainable development is favorably impacting the market growth. Some of the other factors driving the market include the escalating popularity of online pharmacy services and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players for introducing improved microbial packaging solutions for enhanced functionality. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 202.7 Billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 6.7% during 2023-2028.
Global Pharmaceutical Packaging:
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into plastic bottles, caps and closures, blister packs, pre-fillable syringes, parenteral containers, pre-fillable inhalers, pouches, medication tubes and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been categorized into plastics and polymers, paper and paperboard, glass, aluminum foil and others.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been bifurcated into the primary and secondary packaging.
- Based on the drug delivery mode, the market has been segregated into oral, injectable, dermal/topical, inhalable and others.
Global Medical Device Packaging:
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into trays, pouches, clamshell packs and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into plastic, paper, aluminum, Tyvek and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into sterile and non-sterile packaging.
- Based on the regional insights, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Arica and Latin America. Presently, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Material, Packaging, Drug Delivery Mode, Application, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal