According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Hemodialysis Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global hemodialysis market size reached US$ 83.3 Billion in 2021. Hemodialysis is a procedure for treating kidney failure patients in which wastes, salts, and fluids are removed from their blood using a dialyzer, or an artificial kidney. It is performed when the kidney function falls below 10%-15% for the purpose of restoring electrolyte balance. It prevents salts and other toxins from accumulating in the body, removes waste products, such as creatinine and urea from the blood, and improves kidney function. Besides dialyzers, bloodlines, catheters, and dialysate are some of the medical equipment used in the process. Furthermore, it helps regulate blood pressure levels and maintain proper concentrations of minerals, such as sodium, potassium, and calcium in the body.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hemodialysis Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising incidences of chronic kidney diseases (CKD), acute kidney injury (AKI), and end-stage renal disease (ESRD). It can be attributed to a considerable increase in the geriatric population that is more prone to developing renal failures. In line with this, the shortage of organ donors due to the risks associated with transplants is resulting in a higher product uptake. Moreover, the growing consumer awareness regarding early diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders is providing an impetus to the market. Apart from this, continual product innovations, such as the advent of compact-sized home-treatment machines, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include favorable government policies for improving healthcare infrastructure, rapid digitization in the medical sector and treatment automation, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 107.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.5% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the segment, the market has been segmented into hemodialysis product (machines, dialyzers, and others) and hemodialysis service (in-center and home services).
- On the basis of the modality, the market has been divided into conventional hemodialysis, short daily hemodialysis, and nocturnal hemodialysis.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, independent dialysis centres, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Baxter International, Asahi Kasei Corporation, B. Barun Melsungen, DaVita, Cantel Medical Corporation, Fresenius Medical Care, Nipro Corporation, Rockwell Medical, Medivators, Toray Medical Company Ltd., Nikkiso Co. Ltd., Surni Group, Gambro, Satellite Healthcare Inc., and Renacon Pharma Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800