IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Hemophilia Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global hemophilia market size reached US$ 10.5 Billion in 2021. Hemophilia refers to a rare bleeding disorder wherein the blood does not clot normally, leading to spontaneous or excessive bleeding even from a minor injury. It is usually inherited and caused due to a hereditary lack of a coagulation factor which slows down the blood clotting process. It is associated with frequent nosebleeds, easy bruising, hematomas, and prolonged bleeding or oozing after an injury, surgery, and dental procedures. In severe cases, continuous bleeding may also occur following minor trauma or even in the absence of injury. Although there is no cure for hemophilia currently, the condition can be treated using replacement therapy, medications, and injections of a clotting factor or plasma. Hemophilia treatment focuses on replacing the missing protein and preventing complications, which is escalating its demand across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hemophilia Market Trends:
The surging number of hemophilic patients and the rising incidences of genetic abnormalities represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the increasing diagnosis rates and the widespread usage of prophylactic treatment for hemophilia are other major growth-inducing factors. Additionally, governing agencies of various countries are launching campaigns to spread awareness regarding the benefits of early diagnosis and taking favorable initiatives to facilitate the early screening of neonates. In line with this, due to the limited availability of treatment options, governments are increasing support and funding for research and development (R&D) activities to identify therapeutic agents, which is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, several key players are focusing on developing technologically advanced diagnostic tools and therapies to improve the efficacy and accuracy of hemophilia treatment. Along with this, extensive investments toward the establishment of specialized hemophilia treatment centers (HTC) have catalyzed market growth. Moreover, the increasing number of organizations, such as the World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) and the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF), that aid in discovering treatments for inheritable bleeding disorders and preventing complications through education, research, and advocacy is creating a favorable market outlook. On account of these factors, the market value is anticipated to reach US$ 20.1 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segregated into hemophilia A, B, C, and others.
- On the basis of the treatment, the market has been bifurcated into on-demand and prophylaxis.
- The market has been classified based on the therapy into replacement, ITI, and gene therapies.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Baxter International Inc., Bayer AG, BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., CSL Behring (CSL Limited), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Grifols S.A., Kedrion S.p.A., Novo Nordisk A/S, Octapharma AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800