As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Heparin Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global heparin market size reached US$ 10.9 Billion in 2019. Heparin (C12H19NO20S3) is an anticoagulant (blood thinner) that assists in preventing thromboembolic complications. In this complication, clots travel from their site of origin to clog up another vessel through the bloodstream. Heparin is generally injected into the muscle or the veins to break up clots and maintain the smooth fluidity of the blood. Therefore, it is utilized in the treatment of heart conditions and unstable angina. Besides this, it is also used in post-surgeries, and during dialysis and blood transfusion.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Heparin Market Trends:
The growing cases of vascular diseases, such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), represent one of the significant factors that are positively influencing the demand for heparin across the globe. Heparin has been proven to be an effective drug for venous thromboembolism and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs), which is also fueling the market growth. Furthermore, some of the leading biopharmaceutical companies are increasing their budget for research and development (R&D) to improve the therapeutic potential of heparin and reduce its side-effects. The market is also driven by numerous advancements in the field of carbohydrate synthesis, which include building block preparation, coupling reactions and the development of convergent strategies. Apart from this, the availability of synthetic and semi-synthetic heparin mimetics, which assist in treating various types of cancer, coagulation and inflammatory diseases, is anticipated to bolster the market growth in the upcoming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 14.8 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into unfractionated, low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) and ultra-low molecular weight heparin (ULMWH).
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into bovine and porcine.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the mode of administration into oral and parenteral.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into atrial fibrillation and heart attack, stroke, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been divided into hospitals, clinics, homecare settings, ambulatory surgical centers and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, online stores and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Pfizer Inc., LEO Pharma A/S, Sanofi S.A., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Aspen Holdings, LEO Pharma A/S, Baxter International Inc., Hebei Changshan Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Sandoz International GmbH, Opocrin S.p.A., Sichuan Deebio Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Dongying Tiandong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800