According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Heparin Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global heparin market size reached US$ 7.1 Billion in 2022. Heparin (C12H19NO20S3) refers to a mucopolysaccharide with antithrombotic properties that acts as an anticoagulant or a blood thinner in pharmaceuticals. Heparin can be obtained from the liver, the lungs, mast cells, and other cells of vertebrates. It functions by inactivating thrombin and preventing the conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin which prevents the clots from becoming larger and causing more serious problems. The action of heparin in vitro and in vivo inhibits the formation of fibrin clots and the clotting of blood. Patients with unstable angina and heart-related conditions, such as acute coronary syndrome, thrombosis, and atrial fibrillation, may benefit from the use of this drug. For breaking up clots and maintaining smooth blood flow, heparin is usually injected directly into muscles or veins. It is extensively utilized in post-operative care, dialysis and blood transfusion procedures, and major orthopedic procedures, such as hip and knee replacements, for a quicker recovery.
Global Heparin Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising incidences of chronic health conditions, such as renal impairment, hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular conditions among the masses. This can be attributed to the sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy food habits of the population. In line with this, the augmenting geriatric population that is more susceptible to developing these disorders is providing an impetus to the heparin market. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the development of synthetic and semi-synthetic heparin mimetics are creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Additionally, the advent of ultra-low molecular weight heparin for chemotherapy, innovative medicines with reduced side-effects and effective carbohydrate synthesis procedures are positively impacting the market. The market is further propelled by the rising healthcare expenditure, along with the rising government investments in enhancing healthcare services on the global level. Apart from this, numerous strategies adopted by the key players, such as mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and partnerships and collaborations to enhance their geographical presence are fueling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, considerable growth in the pharmaceutical industry, inflating disposable income levels of the consumers and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 8.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into unfractionated heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH), and Ultra-Low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH).
- On the basis of the source, the market has been divided into bovine and porcine.
- Based on the mode of administration, the market has been classified into oral and parenteral.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into atrial fibrillation & heart attack, stroke, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Pulmonary Embolism (PE), and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, clinics, homecare settings, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, online stores, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Pfizer Inc., LEO Pharma A/S, Sanofi S.A., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Aspen Holdings, Baxter International Inc., Hebei Changshan Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Sandoz International GmbH, Opocrin S.p.A., Sichuan Deebio Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., and Dongying Tiandong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Source, Mode of Administration, Application, End-User, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Pfizer Inc., LEO Pharma A/S, Sanofi S.A., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Aspen Holdings, Baxter International Inc., Hebei Changshan Biochemical Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Sandoz International GmbH, Opocrin S.p.A., Sichuan Deebio Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Dongying Tiandong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800