The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "High-Speed Camera Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global high-speed camera market size reached US$ 443.3 Million in 2021. High-speed cameras are a type of feature-specific video camera designed to capture events with minute, fleeting details. They are widely used for capturing a series of consecutive high-resolution images of fast-moving objects. Moreover, these recorded images can be played at a slower frame rate to enable a detailed and accurate slow-motion analysis of high-speed events that could not be observed by the naked human eye. As a result, high-speed cameras are rapidly replacing traditional cameras due to their higher frame rate, compact size, excellent performance, and advanced features.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global High-Speed Camera Market Trends:
The emerging product applications across the end use sectors represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, high-speed cameras are extensively used as a research and media tool for accurate analysis of processes performed at high speed. Besides this, they are widely employed for highly detailed analyses, such as combustion testing and flow visualization in ballistics, aerospace, and pyrotechnics. Additionally, the growing usage of high-speed infrared cameras in thermal imaging applications and high-speed scanning of individuals to detect coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has catalyzed the product demand. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are offering high-speed cameras with advanced features, such as auto-iris functionality, broad sensor range, and real-time data recording. This has led to increased product adoption in intelligent transport systems (ITS) to reduce traffic problems, minimize congestion, improve road safety, and prevent potential crashes. Along with this, the launch of innovative product variants that offer enhanced performance, data speed, and frame per second (FPS) rate has propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the rising investments in smart cities, increasing safety concerns in the automotive and transportation sectors, technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 731.3 Million in 2027, expanding at a CAGR of around 8.20% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into image sensors, processors, lenses, memory systems, fan and cooling systems, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the spectrum into visible RGB, infrared, and X-ray.
- Based on the frame rate, the market has been categorized into 250-1,000 FPS, 1,001-10,000 FPS, 10,001-30,000 FPS, 30,001-50,000 FPS, and above 50,000 FPS.
- The market has been classified based on the application into automotive and transportation, consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, healthcare, media and entertainment, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being AMETEK Inc., AOS Technologies AG, Baumer Holding AG, DEL Imaging Systems LLC, Fastec Imaging Corporation, iX Cameras Inc., MIKROTRON GmbH, Motion Capture Technologies, NAC Image Technology, Inc., Optronis GmbH, Photron Limited (IMAGICA GROUP Inc.), and Weisscam GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal