According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Hospital Beds Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global hospital beds market size grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. A hospital bed refers to an essential component of the healthcare infrastructure across clinics, hospitals and nursing homes. Widely used during examinations, treatment and transportation of patients, these beds are designed to offer utmost comfort and support to the patients while securing them from external damage during the span of their hospitalization. They can be operated electrically or manually depending upon the product variant. Some of these beds have electronic buttons to operate in case of emergency with changeable height settings, while others can be adjusted using hand cranks. The inclination or reclination of these beds can be adjusted as per the patient’s comfort.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hospital Beds Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of medical ailments, such as cancer and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs) across the globe. Along with this, the rapid outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has led a majority of the patients to be admitted to intensive care units (ICUs) for their treatment. A significant increase in hospitalization rates has consequently impelled the demand for hospital beds across the healthcare sector. The market is further driven by the growing preference for home healthcare services. The increasing geriatric population, along with the rising prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases, has resulted in the increasing requirement for intensive care and healthcare facilities in residential settings to assist in maintaining and restoring the health of the patients. This, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, inflating disposable incomes of the masses have facilitated the uptake of key healthcare components, including hospital beds, on the global level. Apart from this, numerous players are now integrating these beds with the internet of things (IoT) and power mattresses. These product variants aid in the redistribution of pressure to improve the blood circulation in bed-ridden patients, thereby contributing to their widespread prominence among the masses. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to exhibit strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been divided into electric, semi-electric and manual beds.
- Based on the bed type, the market has been classified into regular, pediatrics, respiratory, ICU, bariatric, birthing, pressure relief and other beds.
- On the basis of the usage, the market has been categorized into critical, acute and long-term care.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include GF Health Products Inc., Getinge AB, Hill-Rom Holdings Inc., Invacare Corporation, MALVESTIO S.p.A., Stryker Corporation, Paramount Bed Holdings Co. Ltd., Savion Industries, Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. and Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800