According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Hospital Beds Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026”, the global hospital beds market witnessed strong growth during 2015-2020. Hospital beds are crucial components that are considered indispensable inventory in a hospital. Hospitals worldwide are required to maintain a sufficient reserve of beds for patients in case of a mass calamity, natural disaster, or pandemic. The beds are packed with additional facilities that supplement the patient’s relief during operations and period of recovery, and secure them from external damage. They also have electronic buttons to operate in case of emergency with changeable height settings and inclination or recline as per comfort and condition, which provide convenience to the caretaker.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hospital Beds Market Trends:
The global hospital beds market is primarily driven by the unprecedented demand for advanced healthcare services and infrastructure due to the rapid outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. The rising cases of COVID-19 and the need to treat infected patients across most countries are increasing the demand for hospital beds, especially ICU beds. Besides this, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), and other life-threatening ailments, especially among the growing geriatric population, is also providing a positive impact to the market. Governments of various countries are also extensively investing in the development of healthcare infrastructure by enhancing the ambulatory systems and hospitals. They are also facilitating better insurance coverage in case of medical emergencies. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of highly-equipped hospital beds that are integrated with the internet of things (IoT) and power mattresses is further driving the market growth. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into electric, semi-electric, and manual beds. Electric beds currently dominate the market.
- On the basis of the bed type, the market has been classified into regular, pediatrics, respiratory, ICU, bariatric, birthing, pressure relief, and other beds. Among these, regular beds account for the majority of the total market share.
- The market has been categorized based on the usage into critical, acute, and long-term care. At present, acute care holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end user, hospitals and clinics account for the majority of the overall market share, followed by ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs).
- Region-wise, Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions are North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being GF Health Products Inc., Getinge AB, Hill-Rom Services Inc., Invacare Corporation, Malvestio S.P.A., Stryker Corporation, Paramount Bed Holdings Co. Ltd., Savion Industries, Span-America Medical Systems Inc. (Savaria Corporation), and Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800