According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Hospital Information System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global hospital information system market reached a value of US$ 22.3 Billion in 2022. The hospital information system (HIS) is a digitally integrated, comprehensive information system that is widely used to manage healthcare data efficiently. It is designed to streamline numerous aspects of a hospital's operation, including legal, medical, administrative and financial segments. It utilizes multiple advanced tools, such as electronic medical records (EMR), laboratory information systems, computerized physicians order entry, pharmacy information systems and radiology information systems, to electronically preserve data and reduce manual errors while avoiding poor delivery of care and regulatory actions. Its utilization also ensures improved delivery of quality patient care and financial management by achieving enhanced operational efficiencies through data analytics and collaborative care.
Global Hospital Information System Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by increasing automation across the global healthcare sector. The growing volumes of healthcare data have impelled hospitals to adopt technologically upgraded automation systems, such as HIS, to manage administrative issues and deliver superior patient care. HIS is also deployed in the sector for ensuring efficient workflow and facilitating enhanced storage management by streamlining various processes. Apart from this, market players are integrating advanced technologies with these systems to provide improved revenues with new services and offerings. For instance, HIS is widely being equipped with eHealth platforms, Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), and software-as-a-service (SaaS), which is constantly gaining preference among end users. The market is further driven by the increasing private and public investments for extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the healthcare information technology (IT) sector, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, a significant increase in the number of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases across the globe has led to the introduction of virtual care systems for remote patient monitoring and telemedicine services, which has facilitated the uptake of HIS. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been divided into hardware, software and services.
- Based on the deployment type, the market has been classified into on-premises, web-based and cloud-based.
- On the basis of the system type, the market has been categorized into the clinical information system, administrative information system, electronic medical record, laboratory information system, radiology information system, pharmacy information system and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, insurance companies and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agfa-Gevaert Group. (Dedalus Holding S.p.A.), Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Carestream Health Inc. (Koninklijke Philips N.V.), Cerner Corporation, Comarch SA., Computer Programs and Systems Inc., Epic Systems Corporation (Compass Group plc), GE Healthcare Inc. (Danaher Corporation), McKesson Corporation, Medical Information Technology Inc., Nextgen Healthcare Inc.and Wipro Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Deployment Type, System Type, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agfa-Gevaert Group. (Dedalus Holding S.p.A.), Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Carestream Health Inc. (Koninklijke Philips N.V.), Cerner Corporation, Comarch SA., Computer Programs and Systems Inc., Epic Systems Corporation (Compass Group plc), GE Healthcare Inc. (Danaher Corporation), McKesson Corporation, Medical Information Technology Inc., Nextgen Healthcare Inc.and Wipro Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800