The latest report by IMARC, titled “Hospital Stretchers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global hospital stretchers market size reached US$ 2.61 Billion in 2021. Hospital stretchers are machines used to move and transport patients requiring medical care. Some of the most common types of hospital stretchers include radiographic, fixed height, adjustable, and bariatric. They are manufactured from canvas and synthetic materials and possess a patient platform made of steel, aluminum, or plastic placed on a wheeled structure. They help save time by moving the patients around safely and are thus widely used in surgical procedures, hospital beds, and for examination and inspection of the patient. In recent years, hospital stretchers have gained traction due to their massive employment in acute hospital care, including emergency, radiology, rescue services, and pediatric care.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of the associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hospital Stretchers Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising incidences of chronic ailments, such as neurological disorders, cancer, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Additionally, the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) globally has resulted in a surging demand for hospital stretchers, along with various attachments, such as support extensions and ventilators. Other than this, bariatric stretchers containing large wheels, wider frames and winch, and pull and push handles for the secure transportation of obese patients are also gaining popularity in the market. Furthermore, the rising prevalence of road accidents requiring immediate medical aid is escalating the product demand. In line with this, significant technological innovations, such as the launch of stretchers with numerous attachments, including toe clamp, lifting bridles, head or spine immobilizer, and footboard and wrist rest, are catalyzing the market growth. Other growth-inducing factors include exponential growth in the healthcare infrastructure, growing geriatric population, rising hospitalization, and various product innovations. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.64 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.30% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into fixed height, adjustable, bariatric stretchers, and others.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been bifurcated into motorized and non-motorized stretchers.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into intra-hospital, pediatric care, emergency department, radiology department, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Advanced Instrumentations Inc., Anetic Aid Limited, Arjo (Carl bennet AB), GF Health Products Inc., Hill-Rom Holdings Inc., Joerns Healthcare LLC, Mac Medical Inc., Medline Industries Inc., Narang Medical Limited, Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG, Stryker Corporation, and Winco Mfg. LLC (Champion Manufacturing Inc.).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800