According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) market size reached US$ 903.78 Million in 2022. Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) refers to a hormone made by the placenta during pregnancy. It is essential for maintaining the production of other hormones, including progesterone and estrogen, which are necessary for a healthy pregnancy. It is responsible for supporting the development of the fertilized egg and the formation of the placenta. It helps in the nourishment of the growing embryo by ensuring the production of essential hormones until the placenta is fully formed and can take over hormone production.
Global Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) Market Trends:
The surging prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), hypothalamic dysfunction, and premature ovarian insufficiency (POI) that can disrupt normal ovulation represents one of the major factors driving the demand for HCG around the world. Moreover, HCG is used in pregnancy detection test kits to detect pregnancy through urine and blood tests. This, coupled with the increasing awareness among people about the availability of pregnancy detection kits, rising birth rate, and the growing adolescent pregnancy rate, is influencing the market positively. In addition, the increasing use of HCG to improve testosterone levels, enhance fertility, and promote sexual function is favoring the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising usage of HCG in veterinary medicine for reproductive purposes, such as in breeding programs for animals, is propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 1,411.06 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.62% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology, natural source extraction dominates the market, followed by recombinant technology.
- On the basis of the therapeutic area, the market has been segregated into female infertility treatment, male hypogonadism, oligospermic treatment, and others. Female infertility treatment currently accounts for the biggest share in the market.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into fertility clinics, research institutions, and others. At present, fertility clinics dominates the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Biocare Medical LLC, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Kamiya Biomedical Company (Nitto Boseki Co. Ltd.), Lee Biosolutions Inc. (Oy Medix Biochemica Ab), Merck & Co. Inc., Prospec-Tany Technogene Ltd., Scripps Laboratories Inc., and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Natural Source Extraction, Recombinant Technology
|Therapeutic Areas Covered
||Female Infertility Treatment, Male Hypogonadism, Oligospermic Treatment, Others
|End Users Covered
||Fertility Clinics, Research Institutions, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Biocare Medical LLC, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Kamiya Biomedical Company (Nitto Boseki Co. Ltd.), Lee Biosolutions Inc. (Oy Medix Biochemica Ab), Merck & Co. Inc., Prospec-Tany Technogene Ltd., Scripps Laboratories Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800