As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Human Growth Hormone Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global human growth hormone market size reached US$ 5.3 Billion in 2022. Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is a naturally occurring peptide hormone that is produced by the pituitary gland. It is responsible for regulating various bodily functions, including growth, cell regeneration, and metabolic processes. It plays a crucial role in the overall development of the body, including bone and muscle growth, regulation of body fluids, and fat metabolism. Additionally, it helps regulate the breakdown of fats in the body, leading to increased energy levels and weight loss. It improves overall physical performance, including increased muscle mass, improved endurance, and faster recovery from injuries. HGH deficiency can lead to several health risks, including increased fat accumulation and a higher likelihood of developing certain diseases. In contrast, higher levels of HGH can result in various medical conditions, such as gigantism in children, acromegaly in adults, and muscle-wasting disease.
Global Human Growth Hormone Market Trends:
One of the primary drivers of the global human growth hormone market is the increasing prevalence of Turner syndrome. Moreover, the growing health consciousness and awareness among people regarding preventive measures against endocrine disorders are providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the rising use of medically synthesized HGH to treat various disorders caused by growth hormone deficiency and the surging use of HGH as performance enhancers by bodybuilders are accelerating the market growth. In line with this, key manufacturers are investing in advanced technology to innovate and improve their product offerings, which, in turn, is boosting the market growth. Apart from this, the development of recombinant human growth hormone (rHGH) by key players and burgeoning investments in research and development (R&D) activities are propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 8.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into growth hormone (GH) deficiency (adult and pediatric GH deficiency), turner syndrome, idiopathic short stature (ISS), Prader Willi syndrome (PWS), small for gestational age, and others.
- By distribution channel, the market is classified into hospital, retail, online, and other pharmacies.
- On the basis of route of administration, the market is divided into intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous, and oral.
- Based on region, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Eli Lilly and Company, EMD Serono Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ferring B.V., Genentech Inc., Ipsen, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer Inc., Sandoz, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Application, Distribution Channel, Route of Administration, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Eli Lilly and Company, EMD Serono Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ferring B.V., Genentech Inc., Ipsen, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer Inc. and Sandoz
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800